Author Topic: Avast Account Question (Solved)  (Read 2551 times)

cadremis

Avast Account Question (Solved)
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:37:52 AM »
I had to re-install Avast in computer #2 since my one my cousins used it and left Avast usless and the computer infected. I have finished the process of desinfection sucessfully and have re-registerd Avast Free and have conected it to my account (thanks god I kept my Avast config file).

Everything is working fine here, the problem is that I deleted that device from my account since I thought Avast would detect it again, but is is not detecting it even though it says that I am conected to my account.

The question is if Avast at one point in its servers will detect it and will show it in my account between a certain period of time again?

I will appreciate and answer...rm

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:26:30 AM by cadremis »

cadremis

Re: Avast Account Question
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »
Any answer on this? ..rm

Hellion

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »
Hi Cadremis,

Go to "settings" then "Account" and remove and reconnect.

See if that helps.

cadremis

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
Thanks for the answer but it didn't help, I did it twice today but it seems I cannot recover computer #2 in my Avast Account.

Moderators,
Any help on this from your side? am I doing something wrong?

Please advise what to do... tks.rm

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
I don't believe the web interface will recognise devices on the remote system/s from the https://my.avast.com page, you have to access your account from the device. Are you able to connect/sign in to this link directly ?

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cadremis

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 01:59:20 AM »
Yes I can conect to my avast account in both computers, the problem is that I deleted the device that belongs to  computer number 2 since I  had to uninstall Avast there and I thought it would reconize it connecting it again but it does not.

I had 2 computers there in my account and now only  computer number 1 appears there, I know it is computer number 1  because of the time in the conections.

Sometimes in order to make it appear in my account, I turn on both computers and conect and disconect computer number 2, but I'm not able to make it show again there.

The question remains, after deleting computer number 2 how do I make it show in my account?  Computer number 2 says I'm conected but not showed in my account.

Thanks for any advise...rm

cadremis

Re: Avast Account Question (Solved)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28:11 AM »
I found the problem with computer number 2 not being showed in my Avast account...

The problem was in the update frequency of the account... I changed it from 60 minutes to 5 minutes and now it is there...

Thanks...rm

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Account Question (Solved)
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
Strange, I would have thought it would have worked even on 60 minutes (default) as that would be the frequency the information is passed up to your account. Mine is set on the default 60 minutes and is working.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security