Author Topic: I do not understand somethings about avast  (Read 2233 times)

Diddy

I do not understand somethings about avast
« on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »
HI was wondering if someone could explain to me a couple of things about some of the features of avast 7 free.

I was wondering what does mean when a review says avast 7 has hybrid update technology?

What I was wondering what does it mean when in a review it says avast 7 free has real time update definitions?

I was just curious that is all please explain in English please.

Thanks have a good weekend

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I do not understand somethings about avast
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 01:36:59 AM »
The problem being the review doesn't use the same terms in the program.

Like hybrid cars they have dual means of propulsion.

As far as the avast! update go there are the regular auto updates and also streaming updates from the cloud services. This allows for faster updates for virus definition updates that can't wait for the next auto update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:37:37 AM »
Hybrid update technology is one of the main features of new Avast 7. As it sent new virus definitions in real-time via streaming updates, a full database update (regular update) isn’t required to get full protection from latest threats.

http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-software-streaming-updates-for-all-with-the-newa-avast-7

Offline Muad'Dib

• The underwater sound of the Antarctic Ocean
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:14:30 AM »
Hybrid update technology is one of the main features of new Avast 7. As it sent new virus definitions in real-time via streaming updates, a full database update (regular update) isn’t required to get full protection from latest threats.

http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-software-streaming-updates-for-all-with-the-newa-avast-7

Not to be picky, but the quote you posted isn't in the link you provided. Where did you get the quote from?