Author Topic: How to delete avast! account?  (Read 23690 times)

jrace

How to delete avast! account?
« on: March 03, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

So far I have tried everything for almost 2 weeks:
Clean install, disconnect-reconnect, changing update times, wait...wait...wait, nothing helps!
That means I most likely don't need any advice, unless totally revolutionary, to show my  systems in the avast! account.

Since it is apparently impossible for me to show details of my 2 devices (laptops) in my avast! account although they are both connected, I would like to know:

How can I delete or have deleted my avast! account (my.avast.com)???

There seems to be no way on the page itself.

Hermite15

Re: How to delete avast! account?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
what if you just delete devices from the account, log out, log back in and wait until they're detected again?

jrace

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »

Thanks for your answer logos.
I did that quite some times but it didn't work and second I don't have any devices in my accont. They both do not show up!
All I see is the default page but no device.

Any idea how to delete the accont?

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »

Thanks for your answer logos.
I did that quite some times but it didn't work and second I don't have any devices in my accont. They both do not show up!
All I see is the default page but no device.

Any idea how to delete the accont?

it's up to Avast to answer this question, there's no option at user level to delete the account.

jrace

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »

.....and how can I attract their attention?

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »

well they read the forums. A few others asked the same - account deletion - no feedback so far...

jrace

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »

well they read the forums. A few others asked the same - account deletion - no feedback so far...

Thanks so far for your time logos.
So the only thing will be hope, wait and see!

Dch48

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
In order for the devices to show in the account, you have to log into the account through the avast gui. Go to settings and account and disconnect. Then reconnect through the main gui screen . After doing that the device should show in the account. There is one thing that I consider a glitch. If for some reason you disconnect again, when you reconnect, the same device will get a duplicate entry and only that one will update. You have to delete the old one.  Things don't seem to be working quite as they should yet.

jrace

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »

@ Dch48

I'm sorry to say I did what you said numerous times in the last 2 weeks with no success at all.
Either my systems don't like avast! account or there is really something incompatible in the process of connecting!

Thanks for your answer!

Dch48

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
Try making another account with a different email address and see if that one works.

jrace

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »
Try making another account with a different email address and see if that one works.

That could be worth a try.
I considered that already for a second or two and I guess I will do it as a last resort after somebody from avast! tells me how to delete an account.
I don't like the idea too much to spread my email addresses and codes all over the world!

Thanks Dch48!

FlyingRobot

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »
Anyone see a way to delete an avast forum account?  It looks like the SMF forum software supports a "Delete This Account" action that is not made available to (enabled for) users.  So unless I'm missing something, that should be added to the list.

Hermite15

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »
Anyone see a way to delete an avast forum account?  It looks like the SMF forum software supports a "Delete This Account" action that is not made available to (enabled for) users.  So unless I'm missing something, that should be added to the list.

completely off topic here, this thread is related to avast software (the AV or AIS) user accounts. Otherwise, even if SMF does indeed support forum account deletion at user level, it's up to the admins to make it available, or not. If you want your account deleted here, start your own thread and do a request, or mail an Avast team admin.

FlyingRobot

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »
completely off topic here, this thread is related to avast software (the AV or AIS) user accounts. Otherwise, even if SMF does indeed support forum account deletion at user level, it's up to the admins to make it available, or not. If you want your account deleted here, start your own thread and do a request, or mail an Avast team admin.

I mentally pulled back to the more general "ability of users to delete their account" issue, and is so doing, indeed did talk about something not appropriately topical.  Apologies in order and offered.

jrace

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:39 PM »

After update to version 7.0.1426 there is no change with avast account concerning the "my.avast.com" page. Although avast! GUI shows "connected" there is nothing shown in the "Device page".

Support ticket:  RJU-421363