Author Topic: Safezone is NOT WORKING  (Read 2597 times)

gategrrl

Safezone is NOT WORKING
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:50:26 AM »
 >:(

First, I had problems with a hanging box from Avast 7 when it installed. Had to install it twice to get rid of it, and had to get an answer from the Facebook page.

This time, while Safezone *sometimes* works, I have to reboot my computer which is inconvenient to say the least. It's inconsistent. It connects: it doesn't connect, all in the same day.

What is going on with it? Its the primary reason I bought two years of Avast Pro. Is there a way to fix this Safezone problem without having to reinstall yet again?

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Safezone is NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 07:44:06 AM »
What is your OS?
Which is your Program Version?
Any other security related Software, Firewall?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:56:12 AM »
any error message? if possible please post a screenshot of it  ;)

Béňa

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:35:05 AM »
I think, the SafeZone is advertising function for google. This is google chrome, which run on virtualbox. As follows, you can run any browser (for exapmle Internet Explorer or Opera, etc.) on virtualbox. It will be the same.

P.S.: Why avast! recommend installing google chrome during avast! setup? avast! is paid or sponzoring by google?

MAG

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »
I think, the SafeZone is advertising function for google. This is google chrome, which run on virtualbox. As follows, you can run any browser (for exapmle Internet Explorer or Opera, etc.) on virtualbox. It will be the same.

P.S.: Why avast! recommend installing google chrome during avast! setup? avast! is paid or sponzoring by google?
An avast! Evangelist with only 20 posts!

(and taking a somewhat contrarian view (and incorrect))

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
at Bena: stop posting misinformation... btw Avast! is NOT using google chrome for safezone... it IS using chromium + enhancing and a few tweaks here and there.

something is wrong with his status as Avast! evangelist... i m reporting him to moderator

MAG

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »
>:(

First, I had problems with a hanging box from Avast 7 when it installed. Had to install it twice to get rid of it, and had to get an answer from the Facebook page.

This time, while Safezone *sometimes* works, I have to reboot my computer which is inconvenient to say the least. It's inconsistent. It connects: it doesn't connect, all in the same day.

What is going on with it? Its the primary reason I bought two years of Avast Pro. Is there a way to fix this Safezone problem without having to reinstall yet again?

Have you tried resetting safezone contents also clearing local browser storage cache in avast sandbox?

something is wrong with his status as Avast! evangelist... i m reporting him to moderator

I don't really see how that can be his fault?

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:09 AM »
*off topic*
well i am reporting him for 2 reasons: 1. misinformation
2. just to get someone to check if there is mislabelling of his status as Avast! evangelist