Author Topic: Trojan horse alert  (Read 7000 times)

Peano

Trojan horse alert
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:17:37 AM »
Today, for the first, when I go to hxtp://pjmedia.com/instapundit/, I get the following alert:

When I click on the "More details" button, nothing happens. How do I find out what this alert is about?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:10:37 AM by Milos »

AU4U

Re: Trojan horse alert
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »
Ummmm,,,,,what are you doing posting a link to an infected site?
Dumb people will follow that link, others wil click on it without thinking (makes them dumb as well).
If you HAVE to post the link, replace the '.' with (dot).
Do us all a favor and edit your post.
TY

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »
I've got the same warning today as well and out of nowhere. I was on cz page "ulozto" like almost every day. No idea where it came from but it had exactly the same description

cabte

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »
Im getting the same but only on my wesites i own.
I contacted my host company as a precausion asn its come back clean.

My firefox has updated last night so think it could be something to do with this.
Also MichaelT. i think you was rude  and if you new anything about viruses you would notice its not on the site its on the firefox program files.

C:\ Program Files (x86)Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

If you had any trust in Avast it would warn you if there was a virus, his site is clean try it.

i have two PC both running Avast with firefox and its ony doing it on one PC.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Also MichaelT. i think you was rude  and if you new anything about viruses you would notice its not on the site its on the firefox program files.
Nope.....firefox is the browser doing the connection to the URL where avast see the malware

where avast see the infection is listed under Object:

and as you see, the link Peano posted is edited by the mods to make it unclickable so that no one click it by accident
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:41:13 AM by Pondus »

cabte

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
Iv copy pasted the link and tried it on my pc with firefox and avast and im not getting any warning.

if you go to firefox site there is 28 people with the same problem in the Support page with the new software.

I have chrome and IE and its not doing it on them, only firefox.

Avast is not picking it up through the other search engines.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:47:36 AM by cabte »

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
Hey, I use opera and it showed up in my opera. I promptly scanned whole pc even if it said I don't need to take any more action

I didn't think it was too strange, but when I saw somebody else had the same problem I became kind of suspicious about that.

So, what is it?  Is it false positive?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
urlQuery - suspicious
http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=28456

Zulu URL Risk Analyzer - suspicious
http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/519192330e8d5792c4229f4685e2c306-1331027253

Sucuri - Warn: WordPress version outdated: Upgrade required.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:55:04 AM by Pondus »

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Why it shows even on other halfs of world? I never visited that page and it just showed up while I browsed cz pages I knew. Sorry for dumb question, I am unexperienced user.

cabte

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Sorry Pundus never seen them before
dont relly understand them.

iv just done my sites and they come back Benign in green
 and the other came back No alerts detected.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
Why it shows even on other halfs of world? I never visited that page and it just showed up while I browsed cz pages I knew. Sorry for dumb question, I am unexperienced user.
Do you mean you have the exact same pop-up as Peano....but not visiting the same URL as he posted ?

attach a screen shot of your avast warning..

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
Do you mean you have the exact same pop-up as Peano....but not visiting the same URL as he posted ?

attach a screen shot of your avast warning..
Maybe it was in banner there, but I didn't open anything which I didn't know. I don't click on banners.

Too late. as I said, I had no idea others could have exactly same warning so I just looked it up and closed. It didn't show again, just once about two hours ago.

If it'll help the adress my avast says is infected is hxxp.//www.kqzyfj.com/placeholder-5570308?target=_topmouseover=N

(of course I tweaked the linko so it won't lead people there by clicking on it.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:17:38 PM by Dynaheir »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »
If it'll help the adress my avast says is infected is hxxp.//www.kqzyfj.com/placeholder-5570308?target=_topmouseover=N
urlQuery - suspicious
http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=28509     click the picture in top right corner

zulu analyser
http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/2c1a6601f456d7cfe1bd44a7fd2d7419-1331033142

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »
Then what's going on? I don't get it....

Also I noticed the number in screen shot placed here by Peano is bit different, than mine. Does it matter?