Author Topic: Web Shield Logs  (Read 5715 times)

Tgell

Web Shield Logs
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »
I can see where to delete the Scan logs but when I look at the Window that shows the Webshield logs, there is no way to delete them. Anybody know how to do this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Web Shield Logs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »
Why would you want to delete them ?

Even so, why can't you delete them, error messages, etc. ?
I suspect that A) since you have the web shield enabled it is in use and B) avast self-defence module.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Tgell

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
Well, avast has the option to delete scan logs. So I assumed a person could delete Webshield logs also. I was able to delete log.db offline and that pretty much cleaned all of my logs including Webshield. Avast created another log.db.

Just another question. When I click show 30day report, my browser opens and shows unable to connect. Is this just me?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
The deletion of the scan logs in the settings isn't so much a deletion but a paring down of logs, "Delete scan logs older than" X days. You can limit the some (of some of the logs) in the same group of settings, I have mine set at 64KB.

But in all honest the size of these text logs are small beer in terms of modern large hard drives, if you need to do that to save space you are in line for a new HDD.

I have never been much of a fan, so it is rare that I even look at this other than to confirm/test and it is working for me.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Tgell

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »
Well, I found out why I could not get the 30 day report. When it went to the no connection screen I notice a quick 127.0.0.1 in the address bar and I remembered I put avast.com in the Host file months ago after reading a post on removing the ads. I know, that was wrong and avast eventually found a way around that. Removed avast from the Host file and everything is okay.

But, I still think there should be a method of removing Webshield logs. I have some detections that have been listed for at least a couple of months on another computer that has avast. There is just no way I know of deleting a Webshield log detection except to delete the log.db file but Scan logs can be deleted easily. Just do not understand the disparity between the two. Why have the option of deleting Scan logs but not Webshield logs?