Author Topic: Help with avast pro, doesn't see licence key/file  (Read 10046 times)

MILLIEBEE

Help with avast pro, doesn't see licence key/file
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
i have a 3y licence for avast profesional for two computers; on one it works just fine on the other i installed avast pro and it doesn't see the licence, if i go under maintanance - subscription is blank. called support number 0800 ..... talked with iyogi gave them access to my computer they haven't sorted anything out just done the same things that i have done uninstall/reinstall, they sent me the licence file on email tried that too the program doesn't see it. the staff at iyogi could't help me at all, had three of them none managed to do anything i had to keep repeatinh myself they didn't listened to what i was saying and kept repeating the same actions as i have done and informed them i have done and still doesn't work.  so now i am stuck, how do i get it to see the licence?

thanks in advance for any answers :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Help with avast pro, doesn't see licence key/file
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
how did you insert the licens file on the computer that works ?........repeat that on the other two

Inserting the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=682
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:40:56 PM by Pondus »

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »
I have downloaded from www.avast.com the avast pro, after download I was prompted to insert licence key which I did and it restarted and worked fine. I have done the same thing on this laptop and it doesn't see my licence key. It is the same operating system, Win 7.
I have asked for the licence key they emailed it to me, followed the steps from your link get error message file cannot be uploaded.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:49:30 PM by MILLIEBEE »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:03:15 PM »
so after you inserted the license key on the first computer...you then moved the same key over to the next computer...and then it does not work ?

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:20 PM »
Yes on the second computer it doesn't see the licence key.
I even installed the 4.8 version from the cd that I had since 2009 and when it updated to the new 7.0.147 version it doesn't see the licence it just tells me that it will expire in 29 days and i don't have a licence file to insert that's when I contacted iyogi on the 0800 number, they emailed me the file i have tried to insert it and I get an error message: unable to insert the licence key. the licence file does not contain any valid licence.
the agents from iyogi were of absolutely no help whatsoever. their solutions were uninstall reinstall, which I did didn't work or install avast free and then insert key again doesn't work. they got access to my computer and done the same things and didn't come up with any solution.
I even tried to update the 4.8 to 6.0 and it says it can't as I don't have the 4.0 version installed.
On my other computer avast updated by itself and I have the new version and if I go under maintenance - subscription it shows the correct details, date of purchase, date of expiry etc.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:48:03 PM by MILLIEBEE »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »
the agents from iyogi were of absolutely no help whatsoever.
no supprice....hope you did not pay ?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »
Do you have the file avastlic that was in the e-mail ?

If so copy it to the desktop and then double click it

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »
Of course I didn't pay when I started to explain to her that I called with one problem and she talks about a totally different one and dares to ask for money she put me on hold and forgot about me. I hanged up called again talked to another "expert" told him do not dare to ask for money just send me the licence file he did then tried to insert it by himself it didin't work he passed me on to another "technician" who didin't listen to what I was saying again and did the same things uninstall etc I closed down his access and just uninstalled, reinstalled didin't work tried with cd with 4.8 same thing, now not sure what else I can do to solve this. So came here to ask for advice.

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »
Essexboy I did, I get the same error message unable to insert doesn't contain valid key.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 11:58:14 PM »
OK that does not make sense  as it should be read by avast as soon as you double click the file
Are you copying over via USB
Could you send the e-mail to the other system and run avastlic from there

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »
Ok now you lost me :)) you mean try to insert the licence file on the other computer? but on the other one it sees the licence details.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 12:07:35 AM »
Ahh badly phrased

For the system where it is not accepting the licence
Resend the e-mail to that computer
Copy Avastlic to the desktop and then double click it... Or is that the way you have allready done it ?

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Sorry am no expert in IT so you have to explain in simple terms :)

I have done that already I deleted donwloaded the file again from the email and it still does the same thing. on my other computer, the desktop, I have the same system win7, the same version of avast and that one sees the licence this one doesn't. so not sure what has gone wrong as I have done the same things, followed the same stepd the only difference would be that the avast on the desktop was downloaded and installed in aug/sept last year and it updated itself to the new 7.0.147 version and on the laptop, the second computer I tried to install it as normal, donwload programme put licence key in and expect it to work and it doesn't when i have done it by downloading off the net with no other version of avast installed on the computer it just says unprotected renew and not active. after using cd and installed version 4.8 and then download version 7.... it shows as active but only for 29 days and it doesn't see the licence key, tried the file error message every time, same thing. not sure what goes wrong and where.

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »
And another thing that they did they accessed my user account on element 5 customer care centre page and it showed the proper details from the original order. after i talked to them and accessed the account again it shows a different order and a different date which is not mine. not sure how that happened either. god knows what they have done, god i hate these call centres and these so called experts.  >:(

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
On the one that will not take the licence do a full uninstall bith from programs and features and using aswClear in safe mode

Then install the latest version and try the licence again