Author Topic: Program update 7.0.1426  (Read 197690 times)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Program update 7.0.1426
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
The path will vary according to how Avast was updated.  Since I've updated from Avast 5 to Avast 6 and now Avast 7, the defs path is different.  Since I'm overly curious, I added a shortcut on my desktop to C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\defs.  That way, it's a simple double-click on the icon to see the contents of the defs folder, as the sub-folders below that will change with each VPS update.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

nayi6698

« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
Hasta Avast free 6 no tuve ningún problema  pero al dar actualizar a Avast 7 desde el mismo actualizar programa comenzó mi problema se bloqueo por completo ,no puedo actualizar porque no hay conexión y porque avast no se esta ejecutando , ni realizar análisis porque no hay extremos disponibles  desde el asignador de extremos .Y por
tratar de hacerlo mejor des instale desde panel de control pero seguía apareciendo todo,luego trate con el       ccleanner
pero tampoco paso nada sigue apareciendo la carpeta Avast software  en disco C carpeta archivos de programa.Por lo que trate reinstalar el programa pero me aparece lo siguiente:                                                AVAST SETUP FATAL ERROR : ERROR READING PRODUCT DATA FROM C\ARCHIVOS PROGRAMAS\AVAST SOFTWARE\AVAST  SETUP \SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE y al cerrar ventanas me aparece  el mensaje                                      SET UP SELF EXTRACTOR:AN ERROR 0(0000000) HAS OCURRED LAST PERFORMED OPERATION WAS SPAWNING

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2012, 07:11:14 PM »
Intente una instalación limpia (from scratch).
Mejor si bajas el instalador otra vez.
The best things in life are free.

JeffCecchini

Cannot send email from Outlook 3003 after Program update 7.0.1426
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2012, 12:53:38 AM »
I upgraded to 7.0.1426 on a Win XP Pro SP3 machine. Using MS Outlook 2003 SP3, I could not send emails unless I un-checked "Scan outbound messages" in Real-time shield->Mail Shield. (I did add my SMTP and POP3 host names and ports in even though it said that non-SSL accounts weren't needed.)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm hoping this will get fixed. I love avast! and have some paid installs at work and some free at home, refer the heck out of it and install it for my clients too.

Thanks.

AdrianH

« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »

OK trying that again with reset of windows firewall --- see if this is 6th time lucky  8) --- might all work now  :-X

So how are you getting on now?

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Dear Avast Support Team,

I have a very stange bug with (using) Avast Gadget.
I use this application on my system: 7 Sidebar (click here for more infos...) (emulates the sidebar of Vista in Windows 7)

Notice: See my screenshots...

1.) Avast Gadget and 7 Sidebar are enabled:

If I start Windows Media Player I get a wierd; strange UI bug. (see screenshots)
It doesn't matter what type of Avast Gadget I use. (taller or wider one)

2.) 7 Sidebar Disabled OR(!) Avast gadget moved to desktop:

If I close "7 Sidebar" the strange Media Player UI bug dissappear.
If I move Avast Gadget to my Desktop the problem also has gone away.

I hadn't noticed this bug with the previous Avast 6. (latest Avast 6 version)
But I used 7 Sidebar application + Avast Gadget (on the 7 Sidebar surface) and of course used Windows Media Player, as well.

Now, I use: Avast 7 latest build.

It seems to me there are some kind of conflict with these application. (7 Sidebar + Avast Gadget)

Could you guys fix this bug?!

PS1:

As you can see I have plenty of verious Gadget on my system. I have no problem at all using those gadget and using Windows Media Player or any kind of other application... Definately the problem just appear if I enable Avast Gadget on 7 Sidebar surface area and run Windows MP.

PS2:

I also sent a feedback message to the owner of the 7 Sidebar application.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:02:32 PM by [HUN]kranazoli »

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
Dear Avast Support Team,

I have a very stange bug with (using) Avast Gadget.
I use this application on my system: 7 Sidebar (click here for more infos...) (emulates the sidebar of Vista in Windows 7)

Notice: See my screenshots...

I did nothing!!!
Just tried it again and now works great. I have no idea?!
Strange enough...
I'm a little bit confused...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:49:29 PM by [HUN]kranazoli »

Offline atulk

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2012, 02:58:44 AM »
Just for information:
Today I installed one of my Windows 2000-PC's with the new program version from scratch - without problems!
The system is running fine and stable.
THANK YOU!!! :D

INGBEAN
Same here....ditto.

And yet another...SAME HERE, DITTO!!!
>:(
Really frustrating!!!  A very long time Avast user, now having the second machine in a row going down completely because of Avast upgrade.  Dunno what's wrong, but after the recent upgrade to 7, even logon became a problem.  Both machines had Avast free+Comodo Firewall(firewall only)+MSE/Defender.  One had XP-32Bit and the current one going down Win-7(64bit).  Tried quite a few things but failed.  Gave up.
Uninstalled Avast, switched to Avira Antivir Free.  Feel sad that I could not get Avast to work even after trying for a few days, uninstalling/reinstalling/revo-uninstalling, etc....

Dch48

« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2012, 04:50:37 AM »
Just for information:
Today I installed one of my Windows 2000-PC's with the new program version from scratch - without problems!
The system is running fine and stable.
THANK YOU!!! :D

INGBEAN
Same here....ditto.

And yet another...SAME HERE, DITTO!!!
>:(
Really frustrating!!!  A very long time Avast user, now having the second machine in a row going down completely because of Avast upgrade.  Dunno what's wrong, but after the recent upgrade to 7, even logon became a problem.  Both machines had Avast free+Comodo Firewall(firewall only)+MSE/Defender.  One had XP-32Bit and the current one going down Win-7(64bit).  Tried quite a few things but failed.  Gave up.
Uninstalled Avast, switched to Avira Antivir Free.  Feel sad that I could not get Avast to work even after trying for a few days, uninstalling/reinstalling/revo-uninstalling, etc....
What do you mean by MSE/Defender? You should never have MSE and Avast installed at the same time.  If you mean just Defender, I would have tried turning that off. It never seemed to conflict before but maybe it does now. Defender doesn't do anything that Avast doesn't do better so it's really not needed.

MDW

Avast Firewall
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
Hello,
I run Avast 7.0.1426 (paid version) on an XP computer.
Avast Firewall isn't starting automaticaly
When I try to start the firewall I get a pop-up saying 'Unable to start Firewall!'.
Tried the following without result:
- restart the computer
- restart the computer without Windows Firewall

Installed Avast also on other computer running Vista, no problem with firewall.
Any suggestions?
Tnx in advance.

SafeSurf

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:20 AM »
@ atulk,

You should not run 2 (or more) antivirus programs on your machine at the same time as they often create conflicts.  I suggest that you uninstall both Avira and MSE, even if you have done so already, since remnants often remain.  See the links below for uninstalling…then reboot your machine after each uninstall.

Avira Uninstall:
https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/88
http://www.themisteriosos.com/uninstall-avira-antivir-completely.htm

MSE Uninstall:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2435760
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2483120 / - if unable to uninstall from the above link

After uninstalling the above and doing the reboots, see if Avast works properly.  If not, it may have been corrupted by the other AV’s you had on your system, in which case you need to uninstall Avast with the Avast Uninstaller Tool http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility, then reinstall Avast and reboot.

Why NOT to use Revo: Revo and some of the other Un-installers are generic uninstallers.  Simply put, they get rid of most of the stuff, but not when it comes to security software.

When it comes to removing an antivirus program, which runs as a service on your system and is in some ways involved in all parts of the operating system, you need a specific uninstaller capable of removing every part of the antivirus program.  Without this capability, some critical parts could remain and interfere with the new antivirus program being installed (also called a conflict).

Let us know how this works for you.  Thank you.

SafeSurf

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »
@ MDW,

Check your AIS (Avast Firewall) to make sure nothing is being blocked to prevent Avast from working on the XP. 

You may also want to delete the entry in AIS for it and reconnect to the Internet.  This should force the firewall to ask permission again.  Let us know how this works.  Thank you.

florin752010

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
ok.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:28:54 PM by florin752010 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
Idiots !!!!! why you erase my comment ?  Becose Avira is better ? Idiots. Go to hell with your bull-s-h--i-t Avast.

The reason this post is still here is because you have just been given a warning about your language. Regardless of what you feel the language and abuse is uncalled for.

If you have nothing to contribute to resolving the problem then don't bother posting. If you are using avira, good luck to you; effectively have nothing to contribute in the avast support forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

barkaye

« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »

OK trying that again with reset of windows firewall --- see if this is 6th time lucky  8) --- might all work now  :-X

So how are you getting on now?
all has been well for a few days now to my great relief --- was having troubles with comodo firewall so ditched it & thought I'd reset windows firewall but seems I hadn't  :-[ ... a bit of  frustration with avast7 got the better of me .. lol