Author Topic: Program update 7.0.1426  (Read 198218 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Program update 7.0.1426
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
We will know when it is released.

Micha45

« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »
Hi,

We've got two people complaining of slowness using Outlook 2010 since they updated AIS to 7.0.1426.
We've got now some Application hang events (ID 1002) in the Windows event viewer (Windows XP SP3).

They definetly need the antispam plugin. Any help is welcome

Thanks

Nesivos

« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:09 PM »
Hello :)

Finally got around to installing avast! 7 AIS.   Left most of the defaults as is.  So far so good.

Thanks team avast! for bringing avast! 7 to the market and helping keep surfers safe. :)

Webpages load a lot faster with avast! 7 than with WD

I will update my profile as needed when I get around to it. ;D  W8-CP x32 and x64

konfoozed

« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
Just to add my two penneth having read through the postings and still unclear as to what to do:
First a bit of background:
Reformatted last week.
XP Pro, Windows Firewall, Wired to Hub, Avast free (latest). 2.0 GB RAM.
First startup of the day: No startup screens ( No American Megatrends, driver screen, Welcome screen....nothing.)
Five minutes go by with just the black screen and then straight to desktop. Computer working fine and snappy.
Shut down in the normal way and startup again ....beautiful...usual screens and fortyfive seconds.
Is this problem a result of the rootkit scan on startup and/or the raw disk access on boot time scan?
If I find that it is then maybe I'll learn to live with it as I do like Avast!
If it isn't the problem then I'm just going to have to find a replacement.

lord ami

« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
I just uploaded a support file to the FTP after I got BSOD while trying to stop autosandbox analysis.
It happened with BSplayer 2.6.1.1065

Name: 20120331_1818_2109357130
AIS 7.0.1426

shashankppt

« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »
I updated my avast to 7.0.1426 after this update my network shield stops working. What should I do to activate it gain.
Fix it is not working.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
I updated my avast to 7.0.1426 after this update my network shield stops working. What should I do to activate it gain.
Fix it is not working.

1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

norulephiphie

« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »
Honestly, I took a long time to upgrade my avast6 to avast7 because the first release of Avast7 is not working with my laptop.
I just upgraded it and after restarting, I was a bit afraid it wouldn't work again. but it works perfectly. no trouble at all.
Thank you.

:) :D ;D ;) ;D ;D

Oxa

« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
Today I updated my Avast free anti-virus software by using the Update Program link in the Avast user interface. Much to my amazement, it installed Google CRAPWARE (Google update, Google CrashHandler, etc.) on my computer without my knowledge or consent. I was unable to uninstall the CRAPWARE because it did not appear in the Control Panel in Add or Remove Programs. The uninstall option also did not appear in the Start Menu as Google says it should. Yet the Google CRAPWARE was listed in msconfig as a service that was running, was listed in the task scheduler, and littered my registry with dozens of entries. My only option to uninstall the CRAPWARE (not just disable it) was to do a system restore, which worked, but broke Avast. I then had to uninstall Avast, which turned out to be a pain in the patootie. Uninstalling from the Control Panel and from Revo wouldn't work because the self-defense module was enabled. Unchecking Enable Avast! self-defense module in Settings didn't work - the setting wouldn't stick. So I had to reboot my computer in safe mode. I finally got Avast 6.0.1367 uninstalled and manually installed 7.0.1426 without the CRAPWARE. All told, a good two hours of my time wasted.

Please don't try to tell me that the Avast update didn't install the Google CRAPWARE. I have no Google software of any kind on my computer - no Google Chrome, no Google Earth, no Google Anything. I also have no Google account of any kind - no gmail, no Google Docs account, no YouTube account, no Google account whatsoever. The Google CRAPWARE wasn't there before the Avast update; it was there after the Avast update. Ergo, Avast installed the Google CRAPWARE. I am writing to express my OUTRAGE at Avast's practice of installing unnecessary memory-hogging CRAPWARE on my computer without my knowledge or consent. Installing CRAPWARE should be an option that is offered the user (in both the manual and automatic install routines), not a sneaky stealth installation.

You have now UNNECESSARILY alienated a long-time user of your software. I am investigating other options for antivirus software. Avast isn't the only game in town.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
Oxa
Once you start the install of the new avast, the first screen that pops up with the option for express or custom install also has down the bottom of that same popup an option to not install Google Chrome ( it is pre ticked ) but i suppose you missed that.

Nesivos

« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
Today I updated my Avast free anti-virus software by using the Update Program link in the Avast user interface. Much to my amazement, it installed Google CRAPWARE (Google update, Google CrashHandler, etc.) on my computer without my knowledge or consent. I was unable to uninstall the CRAPWARE because it did not appear in the Control Panel in Add or Remove Programs. The uninstall option also did not appear in the Start Menu as Google says it should. Yet the Google CRAPWARE was listed in msconfig as a service that was running, was listed in the task scheduler, and littered my registry with dozens of entries. My only option to uninstall the CRAPWARE (not just disable it) was to do a system restore, which worked, but broke Avast.

You probably could have used "Search Everything" and "Windows Services" "Windows MS Config" along with "Process Explorer" to find the location of, disable and delete the "CRAPWARE" files without a doing a Restore.

Oxa

« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2012, 10:53:51 PM »
Oxa
Once you start the install of the new avast, the first screen that pops up with the option for express or custom install also has down the bottom of that same popup an option to not install Google Chrome ( it is pre ticked ) but i suppose you missed that.

I didn't miss it because it's not there. You're referring to the manual download of the update. I suppose you missed that I was referring to the update from within the Avast user interface (Maintenance>Update program) where no options are offered to the innocent user. Once "Update program" is clicked, Avast just does its obnoxious thing, without providing the user with any options, or even warning the user what is being "updated."

Oxa

« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »
You probably could have used "Search Everything" and "Windows Services" "Windows MS Config" along with "Process Explorer" to find the location of, disable and delete the "CRAPWARE" files without a doing a Restore.

Thanks, I tried that first (stopped the services in MSConfig, disabled the services in Administrative Tools>Services, eliminated the services in Scheduled Tasks), but I didn't want to disable the CRAPWARE; I wanted to eliminate it from my computer.

Offline Giraffe

• I'm not a Lama!
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
Chrome is totally evil. Last time I updated Flash I opted not to install Chrome but it went ahead anyway. Rather than stop it I let it have its way then used Revo Uninstaller. That worked OK, but then Opera, T'bird etc. had to be adjusted as the associations had been taken over then deleted.
I do wish that companies wouldn't foist crapware on their users, especially dangerous trash.
W7 Pro SP1 32 bit
Intel Core i5 5675C; 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Avast!: 2328; Comodo Firewall

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
Chrome is totally evil. Last time I updated Flash I opted not to install Chrome but it went ahead anyway. Rather than stop it I let it have its way then used Revo Uninstaller. That worked OK, but then Opera, T'bird etc. had to be adjusted as the associations had been taken over then deleted.
I do wish that companies wouldn't foist crapware on their users, especially dangerous trash.

There isn't anything dangerous about Chrome. In a lot of instances it is more secure than some of the other browsers.
The fact that you don't like Google, doesn't make Chrome a bad browser.
Using Revo to uninstall Chrome is what messed up your file association.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet