Author Topic: Connected With Avast (NOT)  (Read 2107 times)

GTX66

Connected With Avast (NOT)
« on: March 11, 2012, 02:26:25 AM »
I have AIS, the latest release and it says I am not connect. When I try to connect I do get what seems to be an error. I know the email address and PW I enered were correct. I tried to get a new one but no matter what I enter into your Captha (which is useless) would not work. I then called support and then the real fun began. After being on hold and lisxtening to terrible music for 20 minutes I was told via a rewcording they there are systems problems. I guess it takes 20 minutes of my wasted time to find out. Now for my questions?

1. Why can I not connect to a valid account using valid credentials?
2. What am I missing by not being connected.
3. Why is your support so terrible.

Raj.Kashyap

Re: Connected With Avast (NOT)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »
Issue with avast server. Now able to connect with avast account and not able to register the avast free. Error: Service is temporarily unavailable.

GTX66

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:46:32 AM »
Thanks! :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »
If you check other posts in the forum you will see there are some problems with connection to my.avast.com, that to would include the validation process so it couldn't validate the password. So it is going to return a fail.

The my.avast.com connection isn't a critical issue as it isn't protection related, only your avast account portal to monitor your avast installations remotely.

If you are ringing support that will be iYogi and again all you need to do is check the forums to see how efficient they are even if you get through. You are better off bay a considerable way by addressing problems directly in the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

GTX66

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
If you check other posts in the forum you will see there are some problems with connection to my.avast.com, that to would include the validation process so it couldn't validate the password. So it is going to return a fail.

The my.avast.com connection isn't a critical issue as it isn't protection related, only your avast account portal to monitor your avast installations remotely.

If you are ringing support that will be iYogi and again all you need to do is check the forums to see how efficient they are even if you get through. You are better off bay a considerable way by addressing problems directly in the forums.

Yes, I found that out when I called. Thanks.