Author Topic: Really don't know what to do anymore...  (Read 9621 times)

verybadluck

Re: Really don't know what to do anymore...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 03:25:06 AM »
No, but as i sad already, entire computer is extremely slower than it was. Thing that bugs me is that after every restart, i have "welcome" screen with "preparing your desktop" and a message about a temporary profile... At this  time i'm really thinking to start another boot-time scan, only to see what is going to happen from start till the end...

adotd

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 03:28:14 AM »
you say java games are missing etc, you say your on a temp account that is the reason you need to login to your account.

adotd

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 03:31:11 AM »
are you logged into your account?

verybadluck

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 03:35:03 AM »
yes, i know that, but why is that message appeared first time ever on my pc after boot scanning with avast... I'm reading some forums about temporary profiles, and everyone saying that this message appears when comp is unable to access original profile... If that is the case... f**k
at this time i'm truing to log in to one and only - my account on a computer, with no success...

adotd

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »
can you do the tests on your pc in the post at topic and visit that forum and post them there in a new topic

our malware expert will help you :)

adotd

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 03:41:13 AM »
do the following

click start
click my computer
click your hardrive normally c
click on users
select your account
in there you will see my documents

try that :)

verybadluck

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 03:44:59 AM »
yes, but after scanning is completed one more time, with my eyes on it... i simply want to watch whole process, and then try some of that things on forums... strange thing is that, as far as i can tell, lot of documents is there, but rest of the things isn't... i really taught that avast is best choice for everyday user... i was definitely wrong... Thanks for your help adotd

adotd

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 03:50:22 AM »
avast is good, its just things get through the net. we have qualified malware expert in the forum that will help you to remove any sort of nasties, when they are here.

anthony

norel

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
You could try running a data recovery program like Recuva. Normally it's for recovering deleted files, but it has an option to recover non-deleted files that have become corrupted. It's a long-shot, but you might be able to recover some of them.

It's a last resort, but there are times you have to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows or perform a full system recovery. From the way it sounds, I'm guessing you don't have a recent backup you can recover from. I'd just cut your losses, save whatever files you can and nuke it. Probably easier in the long run.  :(

ManyQs

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:32 AM »
With all due respect, I think referring the member to a data recovery program is too early.  There is way too much information missing to have yet done a proper troubleshoot of this situation.  Which means I certainly think it's way, way too early to be writing about cleaning the hard drive.  Yes, that may end up being what has to be done, but I say hold up on any talk of that right now.

How about somebody start by identifying which malware is the culprit.  Isn't that step one in any process like this?  I also see the OP did not do as requested and post in the virus section.  Got to have some cooperation from the OP or nothing will be resolved.  What's the business about others using that computer that got infected?

Like I wrote in the second sentence at the top -- in my view, there's way too much information missing here.

Anyway, I'm not trying to show anyone up.  Please don't misunderstand my intent.  But I sense that the forum/Avast staff should have some sort of template for steps to do to assist folks.  A step-by-step troubleshooting system to get as much information as possible.  AND see to it the member asking for assistance does what's asked of him/her.  That request to post over in the virus section was no small thing and if the member doesn't do as requested I think a polite reminder to do as requested is in order.

Remember the golden rule -- God only helps those who help themselves. Translation -- got to have a little cooperation once the member needing help gets here and after the shock and anger wears off.  After the shock and anger wears off it's study time. Take notes time.  Help the helper to understand what's going on at your end.

Wow, post got too long.  But there must be something useful in what I wrote.  I hope.

paullus

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 08:26:35 AM »
Hi verybadluck.
This may just be a long shot but with you saying that many of your files are missing reminded me of a problem I experienced on my PC and those of two friends around 12 months ago.
Some nasty got through and somehow changed the attributes of many key files and programs to "Hidden".
When I clicked on "All Programs" the list was empty and all of my documents had gone. However in "Control Panel/Programs and Features" everything was still there but inaccessible.
Basically to fix it I had to go into Windows Explorer/Program Files where I found the folders were paler than usual because they had become "Hidden".
You do have to open a window and go to "Tools/Folder Options/View and make sure "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected.
Then it was a case of going through the properties of each program and untick the "Hidden" box and if it asks you to apply this to all the contents of the folder tick "Yes" and hopefully the program will work again.
This may take a while and I still find the odd hidden file now and again especially in " My Documents"

I hope this helps as it means you have not lost anything as it appears now.
Good luck.

verybadluck

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »
Hi all. It's been a while since being here, so i really want to say that i managed to save all of my files. This subject is now old, but if enyone has anything similar, this might help...

I now know what gone terribly wrong - after a boot-time scan my win profile was sc***** up. Windows 7 gives message "you have been logged on a temporary profile", which means that i hadn't be able to access anything at my profile. At that time i was thinking that not all of my data is missing, but after i was find out that i was wrong. Thing that really scared me at that time is that when i tried to login into safe mode, it had exact same message.

System recovery and logging in onto last good known conf. didn't hellped, so i tried this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215, and after that i was able to access into safe mode (at my profile, which is one and only to the comp), and move all of the data to one partition. After that system is installed again.

Later i find out that the fu***** thing that i wanted to start boot-time scan was one of the viruses that someone previosly mentioded - auto runn virus that is hidding some of the folders, in my case, some of the folders in program files x86, something like total commander, pdf creator, daemon as far as i can remember - stupid virus which don't really require an antivirus!!!

Now it all works, and this machine won't see avast anymore.

Once again thanks all you guys for trying to help me, and sorry once again for a late answer...

seeyaa

adotd

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 01:10:41 AM »
Good to here this is fixed  ;)

Anthony