Author Topic: account with 7.0.1426  (Read 26973 times)

slybo

account with 7.0.1426
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
I just did a clean install of 7.0.1426 on two computers that had 7.0.1407 (pro). Windows 7. I had no problems with making a Avast Account but this time they show connected in the program but when I go to the web site no devices are shown. Is this just from server overload? Just wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this or just me? 7.0.1426 is working great on both computer except for the devices showing up in the web account. thanks slybo

gillest

Re: account with 7.0.1426
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:27:12 PM »
yes having the same problem with 5 systems upgraded from version 7.0.1414 (clean install i.e de installation and re installation) over 6 hours ago  (3 x Win7 and 2 x XP SP3). After many hours and although Avast GUI all says they are connected I have no updates in the my.avast.com account
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:29:36 PM by gillest »

slybo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
Thanks gillest, I think I will check out the scans and come back after and see if this gets resolved. Not going to worry if someone else is seeing this also. thanks slybo

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
You see them not updated, or there are no computers listed at all?

If the latter, were you using any of the v7 betas (and tried to connect them to the same account)?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gillest

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »

If the latter, were you using any of the v7 betas (and tried to connect them to the same account)?

Thanks
Vlk

yes, in my case upgraded from 1414 (wich was showing in my.avast.com) to 1426 (deinstal/reinstall). I only have 1 account and  5 systems show all connected on the GUI. I would have expected as a minimum, if no longer recognized, that they would have showed as "New Device" on the device list?

If you think it would help I could pm you my my.avast.com account email address?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:31:53 PM by gillest »

slybo

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »
When I first installed 7.0.1407 it would not update the information at myavastcom and so I disconnected in the program and reconnect to get it to work and landed up with double entry for each computer. I had to delete the extra device from myavastcom and then everything was good. This time with clean install of 7.0.1426 when I log on it showed the devices but they had the wrong defs listed. So I deleted them from the online account and the UI of avast thinking this might have been the previous install and then reconnected in the UI thinking it would put them back on the myavastcom site. So now they are showing connect in the UI of avast but no devices show up in myavastcom. I might have caused some of this and just need to wait for the system to catch up but thought since it was showing connected in the UI of avast it should show up at myavastcom within a few minutes. Hope this is more of what you need to know. thanks slybo

Dch48

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
Same here, the devices were there in my account but not communicating. I deleted both of them figuring a reconnection would start me off fresh again. I connected through the GUI on both machines and neither one will show up at all on the account page.

jrace

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »
I have the same problem.
Not since update from .1414 to .1426 but since the last 2 or 3 weeks from the first version 7 beta on through all versions up to .1426  :'( :'( :'(
I never saw any device on my.avast.com, only the default page!

See post:  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94922.0

Thanks
Vlk

@Vlk
Yes I had all through the betas the same account and also connected with version .1426 to that account!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:07:57 AM by jrace »

Dch48

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 12:35:08 AM »
They were working and showing for me with the betas and with 1407. Sometimes they would stop communicating so I deleted them and reconnected through the GUI and they would show back up and work. Now, with 1426, they don't show at all.

jrace

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 09:31:47 AM »
............... Now, with 1426, they don't show at all.

Same over here but they also never showed before all through the beta test and there was and is no way to convince my computer to show up on the "Device" page.

slybo

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
Just tried going into avast>settings>account and disconnecting and closing program, then going back and connecting, then checking myavastcom and no devices is all I see. It is still not working. This is what worked before with 7.0.1407 but is not working with 7.0.1426. Just wanted to give an update. slybo

gillest

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:32 PM »
looked in my.avast. account this morning and out of the 5 systems not being updated there is 1 (XP SP3) that was updated 9 hours ago finally. This is a laptop that I have, that is always on. and where I have set the update rate to 15 mins (same with other systems not reporting).  Although it updated to the latest virus db this morning it is still showing yesterday`s virus def since the web site says it communicated last 9 hours ago...

Is anyone from Avast looking into this issue with the my.avast.com account?

Maybe these accounts need to be closed and reopened? How do you close a my.avast.com account?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:11:30 PM by gillest »

jrace

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
Is anyone from Avast looking into this issue with the my.avast.com account?

Since I have an open ticket with this matter I want to share the last reply to me from avast! support:

"Hello,

There are still some "bugs" in My avast! account. It's not working properly at this time.
Our team have been working on these problems.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope this gives a little bit of an answer to the open questions.

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »

Hi!

I am trying to reproduce the problem here in our avast! QA lab, but without success. Would it be OK for some of you to help us a bit with debugging?

We need to figure out, whether your avast! tries to connect to the my.avast account or not. This can be nicely done using e.g. Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/download.html). I don't know if you are familiar with this tool or not, so I will rather describe the process in a few steps:
1) Install and run the Wireshark
2) On the main screen, in the "Capture" section, click on the network interface, which you use to connect to the Internet
3) This starts the capturing of all packets, we need just those ones related to the my.account
4) In the "Filter:" field, write this expression: http.host == vl.ff.avast.com
5) In the avast! GUI settings, the "Account" section, set the "Update frequency:" to 1 minute (just for the debugging purposes)
6) Go back to the Wireshark. You should see there a new http request to "http://vl.ff.avast.com/F/some_stuff" every minute
If you do not see any requests, please open your browser and type in the address bar the http://vl.ff.avast.com/ address. That should also generate a visible record in the Wireshark.

Now, if your browser generates the requests, but avast! does not, then we will have to look more into the program itself.

Please let me know how did it go. Hopefully, we will figure out, what the root cause of the problem is.

Thanks!

slybo

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »
Is this wireshark a program that install and can then be uninstalled from the control panel like most programs? Will I need to know anything about files it may leave so I can delete all of it? I may have time in the next few days, how long would all this take?