Author Topic: account with 7.0.1426  (Read 26970 times)

AdrianH

Re: account with 7.0.1426
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:25 AM »
gillest and AdrianH: Is it any better now?
jrace: No. It just means that your problem is different than the one of the two other guys (same symptoms, difference cause). Does the Cloud Services page show you "Connection established"? Do you use a 3rd party firewall that may be blocking the communication?

Thanks
Vlk

Looks good here now, boot another machine and it is picked up straight away, the system is clearly updating every minute. Will watch for any issues today.

Well that is not right. Having edited the machine details in "My Account"  I disconnected my 32Bit Dell machine ( my only 32Bit system) from the account via the GUI. 10 minutes later I reconnected, looking again now at the "My Account" page I now have 2 devices which I named and a "new device21" which is actually my 32bBit Dell machine.  The named 32Bit device is no longer being updated, the new device is.  So every time a machine is shut down or disconnected, upon reboot it is no longer recognised at the account page and a new device is listed, this makes the editing/naming process useless.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:48:46 AM by AdrianH »

jrace

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
Can you please send me the file C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\avast5.ini?

Thanks
Vlk

@Vlk:
Thanks for your answer.
Here you have  my "avast5.ini". Sorry I had to rename it to "avast5.ini.txt" to attach it. The extension ".ini" was not allowed.

Edit: attachment removed, 23.03.2012, 23:38
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:38:51 PM by jrace »

Dch48

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »
gillest and AdrianH: Is it any better now?
jrace: No. It just means that your problem is different than the one of the two other guys (same symptoms, difference cause). Does the Cloud Services page show you "Connection established"? Do you use a 3rd party firewall that may be blocking the communication?

Thanks
Vlk

Looks good here now, boot another machine and it is picked up straight away, the system is clearly updating every minute. Will watch for any issues today.

Well that is not right. Having edited the machine details in "My Account"  I disconnected my 32Bit Dell machine ( my only 32Bit system) from the account via the GUI. 10 minutes later I reconnected, looking again now at the "My Account" page I now have 2 devices which I named and a "new device21" which is actually my 32bBit Dell machine.  The named 32Bit device is no longer being updated, the new device is.  So every time a machine is shut down or disconnected, upon reboot it is no longer recognised at the account page and a new device is listed, this makes the editing/naming process useless.
No it's not useless, you just can't disconnect a device once it has been detected and have it recognized as the same one when you reconnect. I agree that it shouldn't happen that way but it has since the account feature started. A workaround for now is simply to not disconnect.

PROBLEM:--- I can't connect to the account page now. It hangs up and eventually says that either my name or password are incorrect.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:12:45 AM by Dch48 »

nord

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
Quote from: Dch48

No it's not useless, you just can't disconnect a device once it has been detected and have it recognized as the same one when you reconnect. I agree that it shouldn't happen that way but it has since the account feature started. A workaround for now is simply to not disconnect.

PROBLEM:--- I can't connect to the account page now. It hangs up and eventually says that either my name or password are incorrect.

I am new to this thread, but the above quote gives me pause. What do you mean by you can't just disconnect a device once it has been detected and have it recognized as the same one when you reconnect? As I use a laptop and have no desktop, does this apply to that kind of setup.

(Sorry if I misunderstand the topic here OR if this is the wrong place to post.)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:14:21 PM by nord »

AdrianH

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
Simple, if you register your device at my.avast.com and then disconnect it via the GUI upon reconnecting that device is no longer recognised and you will see a new "device #(any number) listed, the previously edited/named device is still there but will fail to update.

You will need to delete that device and rename the new numbered device. The data remains the same it's just a PITA having to go through this.

As the system is so badly flawed I am just disconnecting my machines.

Dch48

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 06:32:37 PM »
Quote from: Dch48

I am new to this thread, but the above quote gives me pause. What do you mean by you can't just disconnect a device once it has been detected and have it recognized as the same one when you reconnect? As I use a laptop and have no desktop, does this apply to that kind of setup.

(Sorry if I misunderstand the topic here OR if this is the wrong place to post.)
It doesn't mean to disconnect from the internet. It means to disconnect from the avast! account from within the settings menu of your version of avast!. If you do that and then reconnect from the GUI, your machine will be recognized as a completely new device and the original listing will no longer update on the account web page.

jrace

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 11:00:57 PM »
Can you please send me the file C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\avast5.ini?

Thanks
Vlk

@Vlk:
Thanks for your answer.
Here you have  my "avast5.ini". Sorry I had to rename it to "avast5.ini.txt" to attach it. The extension ".ini" was not allowed.

@Vlk

Any news on that mentioned proplem?
The situation with my account is still unchanged.

Thanks!

tkt

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »
same problem

jrace

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
same problem

Hi "tkt",

I guess the best thing is to file a "support ticket" via the e-mail support of avast!
There seems to be nobody caring anymore about this problem. I also have a "support ticket:  RJU-421363" but don't be too enthusiastic, I didn't hear anything about mine since the last 14 days.

Good luck!

tkt

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 05:05:49 AM »
Petr,

getting this error when I start Wireshark:

Invalid capture filter: "http.host == vl.ff.avast.com"!

That string looks like a valid display filter; however, it isn't a valid
capture filter (syntax error).

Note that display filters and capture filters don't have the same syntax,
so you can't use most display filter expressions as capture filters.

See the User's Guide for a description of the capture filter syntax

please advise. Also note that Wireshark version downloaded is 1.6.5
how you solve 'Invalid capture filter' problem of Wireshark

FlyingRobot

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
how you solve 'Invalid capture filter' problem of Wireshark
As shown in the attached screen cap, the capture filter should be empty and the display filter should contain http.host == vl.ff.avast.com
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:42:08 PM by FlyingRobot »

tkt

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »
no, my avast not try to connect my.avast.com (Wireshark). but cloud connection are extablished

jrace

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
no, my avast not try to connect my.avast.com (Wireshark). but cloud connection are extablished

Are you also on Win7/32 or what is your system?

tkt

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »
Yes, Windows 7 32 bit

jrace

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »
Yes, Windows 7 32 bit
So it seems to be a bit more than a accidental coincidence with our systems, but you never know if it is typical and if somebody cares at all!