Author Topic: Must be able to register WITHOUT create account  (Read 12573 times)

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Must be able to register WITHOUT create account
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 03:54:09 AM »
The page will not be down as such as first you have to have created an account, there should be a sign in or Create Account option from https link that I gave. Once you have an account, then you can link your avast installations to it.

Do you not see anything when using the link I gave ?

See attached to see what Jack 1000 may be seeing below.  As I do not have an Avast! account ATM, that fact alone may account for this.  Or, maybe, the server is really down?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

MikeRepairs

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 04:21:44 AM »
I decided to take the advice and register my customers using my own avast  'Account' credentials. Hope you added pagination for 100's of PC's

Jack 1000

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »
The page will not be down as such as first you have to have created an account, there should be a sign in or Create Account option from https link that I gave. Once you have an account, then you can link your avast installations to it.

Do you not see anything when using the link I gave ?

See attached to see what Jack 1000 may be seeing below.  As I do not have an Avast! account ATM, that fact alone may account for this.  Or, maybe, the server is really down?

No,

I just got the IE 8 response, "Page cannot be displayed."  I opened up the Avast GUI just to see what it looks like.  Now, I don't have a "My Avast Account" like I said, so take this with a grain of salt.  But it looks like there is going to be an extra step in the On-Line Registration process.  Instead of:

1.) Clicking on Register, and filling out the form, with your name and e-mail address and, 'Why did you choose Avast" you click on that form and get your license.

NOW

2.) With clean, new installs of this latest version of Avast 7 after you fill out the form, the button to get your license is going to require a user name and password and than when you click the get license button, you will also have access to Avast services.

I think it is sort of like, you know you can register Avast Off-Line as well?  This added step I assume is going to allow better e-mail communication for licensing information.  I don't think  this applies to installing over a previous version of Avast through a GUI or Program notice update.  This is just for new clean installs.  My guess is that Avast wants to make people better aware of the Account Services in version 7 through this process.

I guess my question is, what specific advantages does Avast get from the user of this account feature?  Another question is what will the Avast customer be able to do through Account Services in the GUI that they could not do before in previous versions?  In short, what makes this added registration step worthwhile?  (for Avast and the user?)

That's a great question above!  How would business, educational, and government institutions who have worked with Avast for years, use this system if they have thousands to potentially hundreds of thousands to millions of people on a mainframe network?  I don't know if a network admin is going to be thrilled about given out individualized accounts, where many users may need to use a single computer throughout the day.  How will this system deal with fresh installs for business and commercial environments?

Jack

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
Guys, the URL quoted in David's post above was WRONG (it's not even our domain).

The correct URL is

https://my.avast.com

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »
He apparently just forgot to type in the dot between "my" and "avast". Vlk, as a precaution, i'd suggest for you to purchase myavast.com domain in order to avoid possible scamming...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »
He apparently just forgot to type in the dot between "my" and "avast". Vlk, as a precaution, i'd suggest for you to purchase myavast.com domain in order to avoid possible scamming...

We did try to do that already...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »
Guys, the URL quoted in David's post above was WRONG (it's not even our domain).

The correct URL is
https://my.avast.com

Thanks, typo corrected. Fortunately if you visit there from the UI it is correct.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 06:05:52 PM »
Can't connect at the moment.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25