Author Topic: How BOClean works with these security programs?  (Read 6607 times)

concerned807

How BOClean works with these security programs?
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:07:13 PM »
How BOClean works with these security programs?

I am considering adding BOClean onto my Windows XP SP2 machine. On this machine, the following security programs have already been installed. The purpose of this thread is to ensure BOClean indeed works well with the these seucurity proram already installed. I understand it is rare that you may have seucrity programs identical to mine. I would greatly appreciate however if you could kindly confirm if at least one more programs works well with BOClean. Of course, you have more than I do or the same, I would be the luckiest dude in the world.  ;D

Security program already installed:
1. Avast Pro 4.5.549: Particularly concerned if Avast works well with BOClean
2. Outpost Firewall Pro 2.5.369
3. Process Guard 3050
4. GIANT Antispyware 1.0.299
5. SpywareBlaster 3.2

Looking forward to hearing your stories :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 08:21:09 PM by concerned807 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:How BOClean works with these security programs?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 08:40:27 PM »
I have no idea how it may interact with avast, that is dependent on how it works. But avast is fairly tolerant of other software (Norton Excluded and other resident AVs).

However, before I even considered how it worked with avast or other programs I would look for reviews on the product and not just the programs website.

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/review-boclean.htm

There are plenty of options out there, you already have some of them, check out the programs in my sig as well.

Edit: I think this should be in the Off-Topic or General forum
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 08:43:02 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

concerned807

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 09:31:25 PM »
1. I did considerations of three anti-trojan programs - BOClean, TDS3 and Trojan Hunter, and feel BOClean fills the bill. This is because BOClean has better licensing policy and is the least resource intensive.

2. As for the section to which I started this thread...My primary concern is that Avast and BOClean may scan the same target at the same time and thus creates possible problems. The Subject title was initially Avast and BOClean. I re-wrote the entire thread. Please be so kind to move this thread to a proper section. Thank you very much :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 11:06:31 PM »
I just noticed that the review wasn't great, no major program updates in a year

Summary

This is a simple to use, resource efficient product that offers reasonable degree of  protection. However the lack of a disk file scanner is a serious product deficiency given the capacity of modern trojans to pull down monitors like BOClean. Newer products like Ewido offer monitors that perform just well as BOClean plus a file scanner and do so at a lower cost.

For me resources and licensing policy would come second to protection/functionality.

Only the Forum Moderators can move the thread, but I think you have enough info now to make an informed decision.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 11:07:26 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spyros

toadbee

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 02:32:23 PM »
vuja-de??   ::)
http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=21179

I just noticed that the review wasn't great, no major program updates in a year
Ahhh reviews reviews... Here's a more practical test:
Find someones HiJack log who is running BOClean  ;D

concerned807

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 03:49:24 PM »
I was just trying to get objective opinions as many as possible. Thank you.