Author Topic: More iYogi problems!  (Read 4455 times)

kenottonson

More iYogi problems!
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
Was having problems with running Earthlink's Protection Control Center (PCC), a Kaspersky product I believe; taking 6 hours to scan in safe mode. I have another laptop running Avast Free; and was happy with it; so decided to try the 30 day FREE trial of Avast Internet Security 7. Clicked on the appropriate buttons on the website; and download hung. I then disabled the PCC firewall and downloaded, but then Avast hung on install. I then removed PCC completely and was able to install successfully.  As soon as the Avast IS7 launched, it told me my subscription had expired!  So, I called the "free" support number which put me on to iYogi in Bangalore.
The agents (Akshay and then Roy, the "supervisor") convinced me to provide my name, phone number, email address, and to allow them remote access to my pc.  I was then given a hard sell to "fix" my computer for $169.99.
I have had this problem numerous times over the years with various subscription services; it is usually due to registry entries which would have been left after an aborted download or install which would indicate I was trying to run the free version more than once.  With other providers, they would help me purge these specific entries or give me a temporary key. 
iYogi did everything but act on my issue.  I was told after a phony "scan" with little smileys that my computer was only "46% optimized"- well, yeah; I just uninstalled all my security software...the other issues were ones I was well aware of (dust bunnies in the registry and an update issue)- but none of these would have anything to do with being unable to run Avast.
"Roy" actually grew argumentative and frustrated when he couldn't make me pay.  Is there anyone there who can actually help me with this problem?
I don't know what the connection is but iYogi is not acting in the customer's best interest nor in Avast's. They are your face to the world who isn't comfortable with forums.  They shouldn't be on your site or it should be made VERY CLEAR that the support will not be "Free"!

Hermite15

Re: More iYogi problems!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »
I was then given a hard sell to "fix" my computer for $169.99.

that's iYogi ... numerous threads can already be found on these forums about the way they act with people.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
If you'll ever have problems, come here to forums first. We'll help you for free.

As for your problem, have you tried uninstalling avast!, cleaning the remaining stuff with http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and then reinstalling it? It seems odd that it would expire for no real reason. Also check your computer time and date. Sometimes that is the problem for expired licenses.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to this topic.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

UserA789

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »
Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to this topic.
Some of this thread is NOT just about iYogi, but all my support options, minus this forum (so far the best method of getting things done, and I aint had much luck in ANY other forums I goto for support so good job Avast Forum members).

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=95193.msg759096#msg759096

I dont get it, when the product is so above the rest....  And calling in isnt the answer either.  One is simply having to re-state and put into slow, childlike phrases to get ANY help at all.  Is it time for me to STOP sharing my great opinions of Avast with the veterans I meet with each month, as once its bought we are left to mostly or own devices and knowledge?

This is kinda scary now, as I WAS planning on calling them today over one of my other posts concerning a file/directory I cant delete but NO WAY NOW!!!

As far as my experinces with iYogi so far is there utter lack of the ability to comprehend what one goes there for.  Maybe Iv gotten to p****ed to continue to get as far as being charged  >:(, but this news is VERY disconcerting!!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »
It may not be, but the title is pretty clear, iYogi is the main issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Adam Riley

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:18:50 AM »
Good morning,

Thank you for posting your comments and reporting this about iYogi.  As stated, I am personally responsible for such complaints and I would be grateful if you could contact me directly with some more details (including any reference number from iYogi) and I will work directly with you to ensure that this is resolved to your satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Adam Riley
avast! Third Party Support Manager

MILLIEBEE

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »
U r not the only one! >:(

I talked with three agents, first one female, had the same problem as yours she said that because of the temp files she needs to charge me >£100 to repair it after she saw I wasn't going to do that and I challenged her she put me on hold and forgot about me. Called back a guy answered he said sorry and that he won't try to charge me he seemed a bit more helpful still haven't solved pb passed me on to the "technician" who after gaining access to my computer went on to access my element 5 account, changed the password and accessed the account to get the licence that I could have given to him if he asked, and now if I go to my element 5 account I have a totally different account number and totally diferent licence, which isn't mine.

Now I am thinking maybe that's why the licence file doesn't work because my email is now associated with a totally diferent account and licence that isn't the one I purchased.

I do not know why avast use them, bad bad bad choice, you kinda shot yourself in the leg there, avast. What happened to proper customer services? There are very few companies that actually have a customer service with helfpul and respectful people that actually know what they are talking about.

Arghhh!!!!!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
Please follow DavidR's advice (Reply #3). Adam is excellent when it comes to iyogi issues.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.