Author Topic: iYOGI SUPPORT FOR AVAST IS A SCAM !!  (Read 33306 times)

Offline MrMaxaMan

Re: iYOGI SUPPORT FOR AVAST IS A SCAM !!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »
It's good to see Avast looking into this.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.

streim

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 05:01:17 AM »
 :) :) :) :)  THANK YOU so much iroc9555, Asyn, and Jack100 for giving me some actual "brain rest" from all this crazy iYogi business.  I have sent an e-mail to avast support staff.  I knew I probably wasn't the only one who got "scared" into buying something they didn't need or want---not to mention allowing someone halfway around the world to remotely access my computer.  :o >:(
Again thank you for the "honest" support I needed.  Should I ever have an unresolved issue, this is where I am coming first. ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 07:07:22 AM »
THANK YOU so much iroc9555, Asyn, and Jack100 for giving me some actual "brain rest" from all this crazy iYogi business.  I have sent an e-mail to avast support staff.

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Jack 1000

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
:) :) :) :)  THANK YOU so much iroc9555, Asyn, and Jack100 for giving me some actual "brain rest" from all this crazy iYogi business.  I have sent an e-mail to avast support staff.  I knew I probably wasn't the only one who got "scared" into buying something they didn't need or want---not to mention allowing someone halfway around the world to remotely access my computer.  :o >:(
Again thank you for the "honest" support I needed.  Should I ever have an unresolved issue, this is where I am coming first. ;)

Your welcome!  Glad to help!

The only Yogi I want to see is the cute little cartoon bear!  ;D

Jack

iroc9555

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »

You are most welcome, and sure enough you can come back with any question you might have about Avast!.

aztony

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 05:22:22 PM »
Avast sadly, may have lost customers with their bad i-Yogi experiences that they can't get back.

Without question...avast made a series of missteps with V7 release, and with the turmoil surrounding it with the myriad of issues many users/subscribers faced the last thing avast needed is to have the very people they intended to render support exacerbate the problem further in such a deplorable manner.

Arizona

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
+1

avastman

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »
More disgusting evidence...  A client of mine recently renewed his Avast Internet Security for 2 years, but (due to an Avast bug) was unable to properly insert the license file.  He then phoned for support, thinking he was contacting Avast.  The tech remotely accessed his computer and claimed it was infected with password stealing malwares.  Of course, this was a lie!  The tech wanted him to pay over four hundred dollars to clean and protect his computer.  A TOTAL SCAM!  Furthermore, I worry the tech may have himself installed some spywares, afterall we know already he's a crook!

Although I understand this is not Avast doing the scamming directly, at some point Avast must take responsibility and terminate their relationship with these evil scammers!

By the way, the tech never even addressed the original problem.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »
Avast has removed iyogi support awhile ago. https://blog.avast.com/2012/03/15/iyogi-support-service-removed/

all phone support claiming to be iyogi support is scam currently until further notice.

avastman

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
Thank you.  I am happy to learn that steps in the right direction have begun.

However, the incident I described happened only 2 days ago, so clearly a serious problem still exists.

Also, what (if any) relationship exists between iYogi, Avast, and PCCare247?  PCCare247 seems to be the iYogi replacement - and I am wondering if they are not one in the same.

AdrianH

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
Thank you.  I am happy to learn that steps in the right direction have begun.

However, the incident I described happened only 2 days ago, so clearly a serious problem still exists.

Also, what (if any) relationship exists between iYogi, Avast, and PCCare247?  PCCare247 seems to be the iYogi replacement - and I am wondering if they are not one in the same.

Avast support is via email/ticket or forum, there is no phone support listed right now. PCCare247 are a Gold Reseller but I have seen nothing anywhere to suggest that they are being used to replace iYogi.

streim

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »
More disgusting evidence...  A client of mine recently renewed his Avast Internet Security for 2 years, but (due to an Avast bug) was unable to properly insert the license file.  He then phoned for support, thinking he was contacting Avast.  The tech remotely accessed his computer and claimed it was infected with password stealing malwares.  Of course, this was a lie!  The tech wanted him to pay over four hundred dollars to clean and protect his computer.  A TOTAL SCAM!  Furthermore, I worry the tech may have himself installed some spywares, afterall we know already he's a crook!
Although I understand this is not Avast doing the scamming directly, at some point Avast must take responsibility and terminate their relationship with these evil scammers!
By the way, the tech never even addressed the original problem.

:o Well I was one of those ppl that got scammed out of $169 for a full year of iYogi protection.  The person I spoke with said "you have 3 problems with your computer that only a technician can fix and I can offer you that"  Well, yup, I did it. And guess what, I had to call 7 times in 7 days because they messed it up worse each time. After convincing me each time my computer was "100%--they would offer a discount of $40 to add another year.  I was furious, that is when I came here to the forums and found out about the scam.  Do I think they installed spyware, etc.  I don't know, however I DO know that they messed up something each time... and as I watched them remotely, I kept telling them, I can do that (many times).
Have your friend write a letter to support@avast.com and give them the information and request a refund!  Avast will then contact iYogi and your friend may have to deal with several e-mails and phone calls from iYogi, but insist on the refund.  I did, and finally my money was refunded.  And never, as I did, let anyone remotely access your PC.  Come to these forums, the ppl here are more than willing to help---they did me! :)  As a post script, the Avast forum folks helped me resolve the issues and now if something weird happens, I come here.  Avast is very good  :D

avastman

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Fortunately, my client did not give the scammers any money.  I agree that Avast is very good - I recommend it to many of my clients.  I hope Avast can find a way to avoid this kind of problem going forward, otherwise their reputation may be damaged.  Fair or not, most people who experience this scam will blame Avast.

therealex

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 03:03:52 AM »
Just weighing in for a minute:
I'm a freelance tech.  I've done some jobs for iYogi, and they are a disaster.  The people I have dealt with at their dispatch can barely speak English.  They have told customers they need things like motherboards when that is not the case.  Now, these customers are under warranty, so it's not making iYogi any money. 
I stopped accepting any work from them after the third job, because their level of expertise is embarrassing.  I'm surprised Avast would even bother with this company, and I'm glad they've cut them off!

Arizona

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 04:05:20 AM »
+1