Author Topic: My.Avast.com Down?  (Read 6442 times)

Offline Keith L.

My.Avast.com Down?
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »
I have setup an account at my.avast.com at approx 10 am CST today 9 Mar 2012.  I clicked on the activation link (capture1), but got the error in capture 2.  I tried to login, but got another error. (capture 3)  I then tried resetting my password and yet again, got an error. (capture 4)   

Can someone please assist me?

Thank you,

Keith

gillest

Re: My.Avast.com Down?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
The site is giving this error message "Service Temporarily Unavailable".

I assume the server is down either because of a problem or for maintenance. Let`s be patient  :)

gillest

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:29 PM »
Down again this morning after having been up for a few hours

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »
Yup,down more than up it seems.

I am still puzzled as to why avast have even set this up, all the content a user sees on that site when it is working is already present in the GUI and 30 day report. What does a user gain from this,it's just more outbound connections/bandwidth use and unless there is something wonderful hidden somewhere at my.avast.com I and a many others are at a loss as to it's value ?

Offline Dr Mahmoud

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Have the same problem here.

gillest

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
I find it useful as I am supporting several remote systems. If the information is kept current it would enable me to see that a remote user has not upgraded to a latest version or has had a virus infection or attempt (activity log). I can see it being useless for someone with only 1 local PC.

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
I find it useful as I am supporting several remote systems. If the information is kept current it would enable me to see that a remote user has not upgraded to a latest version or has had a virus infection or attempt (activity log). I can see it being useless for someone with only 1 local PC.

I understand what you are saying but there is a problem here in that the information provided on that site is 1) less than you get on the GUI and 2) is not accurate.  When I first connected to my 3 machines to the account all machines were continually reported as up to date and protected, my sons machine is off for 5 full days, no connection at all and it is still listed as protected etc. which clearly it is not , the system failed to recognise that his machine had not been online.

gillest

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »
I agree it needs lot`s of work but I also understand that this is the first iteration.

AndyR

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »
I understand what you are saying but there is a problem here in that the information provided on that site is 1) less than you get on the GUI and 2) is not accurate.  When I first connected to my 3 machines to the account all machines were continually reported as up to date and protected, my sons machine is off for 5 full days, no connection at all and it is still listed as protected etc. which clearly it is not , the system failed to recognise that his machine had not been online.

I get the error today that my password is wrong...
Also; if your sons machine is off for 5 days; what Avast online is showing you is that the last time that you son's machine was online (the main source of threats) it was up to date and protected.
I can only assume that it will go to a yellow ? after a while; but only show unprotected if your son's machine was online and not up to date.
I monitor a few PC's on the online account; and I wouldn't want to see "unprotected" next to a PC that hasn't been switched on for a week... Because it's not unprotected; it's fine.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 07:07:53 PM »
I think it isn't that you password is wrong, as in the above image, more likely that it is because it can't be verified as the backend service can't be accessed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MikeRepairs

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »
Is this related to the problem where I cannot register new installs of Avast AV Free?

After clicking  "Already have account" and entering my email and password, I get "Service Temporary Unavailable try again later".
This is not a functional registration system!
 I have been having problems registering my customer's computers for  2 days.
It does not work more than it does.
It is embarrassing to tell them they have to register their new antivirus "later"  >:( >:(

GTX66

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »
Is this related to the problem where I cannot register new installs of Avast AV Free?

After clicking  "Already have account" and entering my email and password, I get "Service Temporary Unavailable try again later".
This is not a functional registration system!
 I have been having problems registering my customer's computers for  2 days.
It does not work more than it does.
It is embarrassing to tell them they have to register their new antivirus "later"  >:( >:(

Is there an ETA as to when this will be fixed?

gillest

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »
working now! for how long? unknown...

GTX66

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
working now! for how long? unknown...

Not for me.

Tgell

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »
my.avast.com is currently working for me. I am located in the States.