Author Topic: Outlook 2007 doesn't close properly after update to 7.0.1426  (Read 10954 times)

jonen

Re: Outlook 2007 doesn't close properly after update to 7.0.1426
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
If this can help someone: flwg installation of Avast 7, Outlook was freezing when trying to send an email. I finally found that there was a conflict with the Business Contact Manager and followed the procedure on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903094 to disable BCM in my registry. Since then, no more problems!

I have the same problem here after upgrading to AVAST 7 Pro a few days ago.
The Outlook totally freezes after I try sending an e-mail. (The e-mail seems to go away to the recipient).
I have to end Outlook via the Task Manager and restart it, then it works just fine until I send another e-mail.
I have tried to Inactivate Avast shields and the E-mail Shield in particular but not much better.

I also have Contact Business Manager in Outlook - but I need it, since I have all the companys contacts in CBM.

Is this problem only occuring with OL+CBM? I have several PCs CBM-connected via SQL, but the problem occurs regardless wheter I work offline or online on the CBM/SQL..

The problem doesnt occur on all my computers, and they have the same setup. This one with the problem isnt even the SQL-server.

It is enough just to open an e-mail for Outlook to hang/freeze now.

Found this:
http://qbpros.net/2012/03/avast-upgrade-7-0-1426-send-email-outlook-workaround/

1.Close down Outlook
2.Open avast! user interface by clicking on the icon in your system tray (near clock)
3.Under Real-Time Shields (on the left), click Mail Shield.
4.Un-check “Scan outbound messages”.
5.Click the “Stop” button. Wait 30 seconds.
6.Click Start Button.
7.Open Outlook and see if your message sends.
Source: My experience on Windows XP Pro SP3 and Microsoft Outlool 2003 SP3. GoDaddy’s outgoing mail server (smtpout.secureserver.net) was involved and still gave me problems after the avast! setting changes. I switched to my ISP’s outgoing mail server  smtp.knology.net. The combination between the mail server and the avast! changes got me back up although I’m not completely sure why.
---------------------------------------------------

This does not work for me...  :'(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:40:53 PM by jonen »