Other > General Topics

Avast! Free 2012 causes massive slow downs with windows 7 Pro x64

<< < (2/4) > >>

YoKenny:

--- Quote from: sandwormusmc on March 31, 2012, 07:43:19 PM ---+1 on this problem.  Huge slow downs, had to disable the product completely through services.msc and was hoping to find a solution here before uninstalling.  I've always like the product but I'm thinking I'll have to uninstall and stop recommending it ... :/

--- End quote ---
Absolutly no problems on my Windows 7 system!   :)

mackenzie2:
I also have this problem on my laptop. Win 7 home 64bit. But I do not think it is Avast. I was running AVG full suite until recently. Laptop dreadfully slow to start up. I have to wonder if it is all the blasted Microsoft updates??

DavidR:
Uninstall possible remnants of previously installed AVG see, http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/, this has a collection of manufactures removal tools, so that should remove any remnants, registry, etc.

Zebrdee:
Just registered to say the same thing, slow to start, slow to shutdown since last upgrade to V7.0.146. Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Someone said to uninstall and reinstall, anyone tried that?

gmhbon:
+ 1 (in fact +3). I have the same very slow boot problem on all of our family PC's/Notebooks. All are Win7-64bit.  Either this is caused by some recent Windows Update, but I find no clues, or it is caused by the latest update of Avast!Free 2012. Please advise how to fix or workaround (apart from uninstalling) . Love the product otherwise :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version