Author Topic: Stargate Worlds WebSite Hacked... Any LOCAL Dangers?  (Read 4129 times)

UserA789

Stargate Worlds WebSite Hacked... Any LOCAL Dangers?
« on: March 13, 2012, 06:14:44 AM »
I am just wondering if anyone can tell more of whats goin on @ stargateworlds website?  Or is this a local machine problem?

From what I can research its an attack on FOXCONN but wanna make sure its not something that spreads...

Here is a scrrenshot (I personally give em props due to the conditions they force on their employees but thats not fot this thread).

Please keep your replies to the topic, as in is something spreading from this site or is it just prohibiting traffic?  Im sure glad no one with skills is mad at Avast right now  :-X
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:37:13 PM by UserA789 »

Jack 1000

Re: Stargate Worlds WebSite Hacked... Any LOCAL Dangers?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:39:28 AM »
I am just wondering if anyone can tell more of whats goin on @ stargateworlds website?  Or is this a local machine problem?

ic?From what I can research its an attack on FOXCONN but wanna make sure its not something that spreads...

Here ois a scrrenshot (I personally give em props due to the conditions they force on their employees but thats not fot this thread).

Please keep your replies to the topic, as in is something spreading from this site or is it just prohibiting traffic?  Im sure glad no one with skills is mad at Avast right now  :-X

How is Avast dealing with the threat?

Jack

ardi_sugianto

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
i think that website is hacked/defaced

Jack 1000

UserA789

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »

ic?From what I can research its an attack on FOXCONN but wanna make sure its not something that spreads...

Here ois a scrrenshot (I personally give em props due to the conditions they force on their employees but thats not fot this thread).

Jack

Its allowing me to navigate to the page, if thats what your asking.  I was thinking of trying this game out, but to learn what happes just so I can play a game... Id say this ones not for me.

Virus Total Shows BitDefender says it has malware:

https://www.virustotal.com/url/4e95e685734d40087635044ac6c025230340c2dfca2be006d23040df856771b3/analysis/1331618806/

Jack
So what now?  Even though, now understanding who is responsible for the game swaying my decision to play it, how do I react the next time a website is taken over and how much should I be concerned over how long it took me to boot up this morning?

In that I mean, Bit Defender repoerting Malware vs Avast Internet Security letting me go to it?

Jack 1000

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »

Jack

Its allowing me to navigate to the page, if thats what your asking.  I was thinking of trying this game out, but to learn what happens just so I can play a game... Id say this ones not for me.

Virus Total Shows BitDefender says it has malware:

https://www.virustotal.com/url/4e95e685734d40087635044ac6c025230340c2dfca2be006d23040df856771b3/analysis/1331618806/

Jack
So what now?  Even though, now understanding who is responsible for the game swaying my decision to play it, how do I react the next time a website is taken over and how much should I be concerned over how long it took me to boot up this morning?

In that I mean, Bit Defender reporting Malware vs Avast Internet Security letting me go to it?

Sometimes when only one detection occurs over at Virus Total, it could be a FP. (False Positive.)  However, when I did that scan, the site was scanned previously a few months ago and still had that same 1/19 malware detection.  However, I did not call up that previous report, just the current scan.

This may be something more than a FP because of the page being hacked in some way, and Bit Defender picking up on it.  I would wait for comments with people who have Avast Pro and Avast Internet Security to run the site sandboxed and wait for their comments.  If it was me, I would not go back to it, until they say it is clean.

In the meantime, you might want to run a full scan with Avast, just to see that your system is OK when you have time to do that.

Jack
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:44:21 PM by Jack 1000 »

Tgell

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:17:55 AM »
Seems to have been remade. They either had backup files or their files weren't harmed in the first place.

The scanning of site coding: https://www.virustotal.com/file/0cb0e09fa27cafe82386d22c6b087b2cae3477eca82bee24fd77d569624cb4f2/analysis/1331680353/
Also see: http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/15b9e042f2f5d336011ba54ec024dda8-1331679984
And: http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=31290 (Screenshot proves of working site now)

While I was browsing the source, I saw a common error in the HTML. See attached.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

UserA789

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
Seems to have been remade. They either had backup files or their files weren't harmed in the first place.

The scanning of site coding: https://www.virustotal.com/file/0cb0e09fa27cafe82386d22c6b087b2cae3477eca82bee24fd77d569624cb4f2/analysis/1331680353/
Also see: http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/15b9e042f2f5d336011ba54ec024dda8-1331679984
And: http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=31290 (Screenshot proves of working site now)

While I was browsing the source, I saw a common error in the HTML. See attached.
Things like this really make me sad :'( .  I used to be all for the open-source methods (Im even a developer for a couple of em), but it seems with criminals intent on getting our information, not even Linux is what it used to be.  This sucks cause all there gonna do is steer us to a Microsoft world, yea its actually becoming safer than *nux at the corporate levels so what you think is happening on personal installs ??? .

Maybe MS has paid a bunch of folk to do it ???

Also starting to notice that most forums seem jack't by eiether marketing companies like reputaion dot com or just exploiters that dont want some of these things us old schoolers still take note of brought to light.  I am beginging to hope the Mayans are sopt on!!!

Either way, you can mark this year as the year open-source is killed off :-* !!!  We can most likely blame gamers that just have to have that top score as well, like the mega-'WIDE'-load freak who was jailed for his illicit actions.  To bad they didnt look past his site and uncover what he was really about.

Man this is really getting lame...  :o