Author Topic: Avast! won't shut up  (Read 3723 times)

Duoas

Avast! won't shut up
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
I'm sure I have missed something somewhere, but I am having difficulty curbing Avast!'s warnings when I am developing programs.

As I test different ideas, I often compile and execute pieces of code that I write myself. To Avast!, naturally, each invocation is a new program that needs to be scanned. I can't seem to figure out how to make Avast! ignore all my executables in the exceptions list, and the silent/gaming mode only seems to work for short periods of time, if at all.

I can tell Avast! to display popups for a ridiculously short amount of time, but when something actually happens I want to be able to read and respond to them. (My kids use this PC too.) So that is not an option.

The problem is that I am soon inundated with a large number of popups, obscuring my work, and terminating my programs! How do I make it stop?

Thank you for your time.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast! won't shut up
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
What exactly did you put into the list of exclusions? (and what list - there's a specific list for the FileSystem Shield)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »
I think it's the Auto Sandbox that's causing him problems. I had similar issue with "apps" made by using Setup Factory 6. Every single one made with this tool got sandboxed. Which gets annoying. And even though i've excluded the same path it re-sandboxed it again on the exactly same path. Weird.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Duoas

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »
All attempts at exclusions are in the File System Shields section: both under "Auto Sandbox" and "Exclusions". I can add the names of specific executables, but it seems that I cannot specify any subdirectory wildcards.

bobo1

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
Go to settings
navigate to sounds & uncheck sounds.
No more sound alerts!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »
In FileSystem Shield's exclusions, you can certainly append \* at the folder's path - to exclude the whole folder (for example).

Duoas

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:02:12 PM »
@bobo1
I did that a long time ago, as sounds drive me bonkers.

@igor
Thank you. Unfortunately, my problem is that it does not affect Avast!'s behavior. My exclusion path is
Code: [Select]
C:\Users\DĂșthomhas\Prog\exe\*, yet Avast! is still complaining whenever I execute anything from that directory.

I haven't really toggled too many options, so I don't think I did anything to block the normal behavior.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
That's weird... could you please post the screenshot of the detection/autosandbox popup?
Just to be sure - you put this mask into the list of FileSystem Shield exclusions (not the general program exclusions) and checked the 'X' access at least, right?