Author Topic: WELL DONE AVAST  (Read 3159 times)

Purgatory

WELL DONE AVAST
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »
With so many people having so many problems - how about a thread that lifts the gloom somewhat. It will always be the case, understandably, that the ones with the bad news write in to forums. Those without problems do not.
 I must report that I have three machines running Avast 7 free - like others I had problems until the release of '1426' - since that time all three have performed without any trouble whatsoever :) :)
So as far as I am concerned, its a big thank you to Avast for providing a good AV for free.
I do play around with many other PC's, and frankly when you see what has been configured and altered, and the conflicts that these changes make to the overall potential performance of a computer
A - it is difficult to imagine how their PC's function at all.
B - blame is afforded to the wrong person/party/program
C - In other words, so much lies at the door of the operator
There, I've had my little rant, but thank you once again Avast ;)

Tgell

Re: WELL DONE AVAST
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »
I have to agree. I am running avast 7 and have had no problems. Problems on some configurations are bound to surface because AV software embeds itself so deep into the system.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
Yes, makes a pleasant change in a 'support' forum for people to report not problems.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
With so many people having so many problems - how about a thread that lifts the gloom somewhat. It will always be the case, understandably, that the ones with the bad news write in to forums. Those without problems do not.
 I must report that I have three machines running Avast 7 free - like others I had problems until the release of '1426' - since that time all three have performed without any trouble whatsoever :) :)
So as far as I am concerned, its a big thank you to Avast for providing a good AV for free.

IMHO Avast Free is an ''excellent" Free AV.  ;)

J.Stalin

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
Yeah, people claiming Avast to be problematic should try Comodo AV for a week or two, to discover what real problems are.
I have used both Avast6 and 7 on Win xp, and have only had a very few and very minor problems.
Also remember: Avast developers know how important it is to make the AV leightweight, and they do it far better than other AV developers. 8)

blax1

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »
Well I'm that happy with it I paid for the upgrade, so if your that happy put your money where your mouth is and support them financially so the good times keep on rolling...  :)

norel

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
I don't know what is was, but couldn't get Avast 6 to work on a Dell desktop with XP SP3 to save my life, but 7 has worked perfectly so far. I'm very happy about this turn of events and must agree, well done. I feel for those having problems with 7 though.

iroc9555

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
I bet that even Usain Bolt, the fastest man alive, stumbled a few times when he was a baby, but look at him now. This new Avast! 7 is running great in my comp. Keep it coming Avast!

Regards.

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:41 PM »
I would not like to be stuck in Purgatory ;)

Diddy

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »
hI yes I do feel for those people who have had trouble with avast 7 free.  But I must say that I had no major problems just the nag screen when I would install avast 7 but since the update avast 7 free has worked fine on my Windows vista computer.    I also have installed avast 7 free on Windows 7 and I have had no problems so far.  I would just like to say a great job done avast keep up the great work.

have a great day everyone

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »
Thanks for this thread Purgatory. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0