Author Topic: HELP - FORGOT PASSWORD  (Read 9231 times)

peedhu

HELP - FORGOT PASSWORD
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »
I need help to deactivate avast in my cell phone. I don't know who activated it on my cell phone, i don't know the password and it automatically sends a two page text message to two of my friends, it sends 24 message per day. And the network provider is charging me for this text messages. Please someone tell me the solution for this problem. I DON'T KNOW THE PASSWORD TO DEACTIVATE IT.  Waiting for replies. Thank You.

Hermite15

Re: HELP - FORGOT PASSWORD
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
so somehow Avast Mobile Security was installed without your consent on your phone ... ??? ... interaction with it is passworded somehow (can't tell how exactly as I don't use it, probably for remote access ...) ... anyway, I can't imagine a second Avast sending text messages to your friends, could you send a screen shot of an example, showing clearly that Avast did that?

peedhu

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:38 PM »
This is the message that my friends receive every hour,
"Theft Aware (www.theftaware.com) update notification. Owner [xxx] Network [Dolphin] Signal [7/7] CellID [1831] Country [404 - India] Area Code [801] Battery [4/7] New IMSI [xxx] IMEI [xxx] GPS [N/A] [http://www.theftaware.com/maps.srv?l=en&i=xxx&id=1831&lc=801]"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:34:50 PM by Filip Havlicek »

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
This is the message that my friends receive every hour,
"Theft Aware (www.theftaware.com) update notification. Owner [P.V.Sivaraman] Network [Dolphin] Signal [7/7] CellID [1831] Country [404 - India] Area Code [801] Battery [4/7] New IMSI [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] IMEI [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] GPS [N/A] [http://www.theftaware.com/maps.srv?l=en&i=352009048826924&id=1831&lc=801]"

check the settings ... I guess these SMS were meant to be sent to you instead of your friends ... and check the frequency too. Also, don't disclose too much info on the forums, and blank some parts (like IMEI and IMSI) of your last message here by editing it.

peedhu

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:17:50 PM »
No all those nos. I wrote are wrong I know I should not disclose all the info.
And I cant check the settings because I can't see the application since it's hidden. I need to have the password to see the application and to change the settings, but as I said I don't have the password. I don't know what to do? I have to pay my network provider 500/- Indian Rupee every month for this text messages.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »
without password, you'll need to uninstall the program.

peedhu

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »
But how do I uninstall it??

reinhardholzner

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
You'll be able to uninstall avast! Mobile Security from the app manager.
For avast! Anti-Theft you'll need to know your secret name for the app and search it in the app manager and then uninstall it there.

peedhu

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
Yes I know what you said is right, I need to know the secret name to uninstall it, But I don't know the secret name as I'm not the one who installed the app. Is there any other way to uninstall it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
But I don't know the secret name as I'm not the one who installed the app.

So, who did install it..??
Are you the legit owner of the device..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

peedhu

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »
Yes, I'm the legit owner of the device, I have all the purchase bill on my name.
And I don't know who installed it, If I would have known who installed it, Why would I be here? I would have asked that person.
Why is everyone only asking questions here? Does any one has a solution to this problem?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »
PS: seems your phone has Theft Aware installed (predecessor of Anti-Theft). You can just uninstall it if you know the hidden name or if you do a hard reset (if its not installed rooted).

peedhu

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »
How do I hard reset my mobile? My mobile model no. is Nokia E-63.