Author Topic: HELP! HELP! avast 7 wont update.. and not recognized by action center..  (Read 2895 times)

Jebb S. Talle

gud day to all of you guys,, My windows 7 "action center" told me that i need to turn on my avast firewall, and need to get a new antivirus online,but, my avast internet security is working fine,but it doesn't regester in action center as an av and f-wall, until i got i to the interface,, avast told me i need to update the virus defs, but i set it to update automatically.. and when i press the "update engine and virus defs" nothing happens, and the line that has yellow doesn't move i waited for about 10minutes and it doesn't update..and tried again and again, but it doesn't..please help guys.. what's wrong? and the connection could not be establish in cloud  services..but my internet is working fine...any help would be appreciated..:)

Béňa

Download avast! Uninstall utility and uninstall avast! by this utility. Then run Your registry cleaner softwrae or downlaod CCleaner and clen the registry. You can also clean disk. Then download avast! Internet Security and insert Your license file (license.avastlic).

Offline tosna

• Since 2006 AVAST free user -Japan-
Did you try the most simple attempt, rebooting your Windows?
At this moment I recommend not to use registry cleaner nor CCleaner which miight cause more problems in this instance, I think.
Win7 Home SP1 32bit/ Avast Free 20.10.2442⇒21.5.2470/ Comodo Firewall 12/ / (Windows Defender)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
@ Jebb S. Talle
If the reboot didn't resolve it -  Try a repair of avast:
Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

However, if avast is showing as running in the Task Manager and in the avastUI, e.g. all elements are running ?
Then the problem is with the Windows Action Center and that is not unusual.

What firewall were you using before you installed Avast Internet Security (AIS) and how did you remove it ?

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security