You really are making life difficult for yourself, that is a right rigmarole just to uninstall, see below for a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast, 7.0.1426 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.
- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here
and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for 5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x).
- 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
- 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 6.x if previously installed and then for 7.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
- 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Programs & Features, Uninstall/Change
One other question as you haven't provided much information in this or the other topic you posted in:
Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
If you did it is essential to have properly uninstalled this or it could cause problems for the installation of avast.