Author Topic: Removable Media Scan Finishes Quickly  (Read 1394 times)

DrDOS

Removable Media Scan Finishes Quickly
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:53:54 PM »
Hello,

Using the latest version 7.0.1426 to scan an attached drive.  It's a large drive but it finishes in about 1-2 seconds.  It does this whether I use the default scan or create a custom one.

Is there an issue scanning these drives with this version?  As it is the FREE version, if this is not possible, maybe this could be greyed out to avoid confusion.

Thanks   :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Removable Media Scan Finishes Quickly
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »
I don't think that this is considered removable media, in the same was as CD/DVD or Floppy drive, but would probably be considered in the same way as the internal hard drives.

You can check this by editing the scan settings, Report file, check the generate report and also click the OK files that will show what has been scanned. Also simply looking at the scan results window on completion of the scan would show the number of files scanned, the quantity of data, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security