Author Topic: Network Shield history  (Read 2368 times)

Offline catinahat

Network Shield history
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »
Hello. I have avast! free 7.0.1426 and yesterday my networkshield blocked a malicious URL. Today I have tried looking through the GUI and the settings to find the address of this website, but I can't find where this is stored. The traffic history for the network shield shows only that "1" file was infected, but not the details. Where can I find the details of this one file?

Thanks for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Network Shield history
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »
If you have rebooted since the detection yesterday then the data seen through the avastUI, Network Shield, Last blocked connection won't be available. The network shield doesn't show details as such only that a site was blocked as it is on its malicious sites list. The Web Shield is the one that does a live scan and would say what malware was found.

However, you can check this file using notepad. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report\NetworkShield.txt (XP location) C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\NetworkShield.txt (Vista, Win7). But as said it is very limited as it isn't like the web shield scan.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:23:34 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security