Author Topic: Couple questions on updating to version seven  (Read 1819 times)

ThirdSpace

Couple questions on updating to version seven
« on: April 14, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »
I had waited a bit before updating, allowing some of the bugs to work out and so forth, but now I guess I should.  I noticed I keep getting alerts about updating the program, while not getting new virus definition updates (from what I can tell), so I decided I should just update anyway.  First though, I had a couple of questions in regard to this (and how i should proceed).

First: What's the best way to go about doing it, should I update through the software's update link? I get a message about updating and as far as I recall, there's an "update program" option in the user interface as well.

Second, as I mentioned in a previous topic, I am visually disabled, the white background is unusable for me, does version seven allow the change of colors, or respond to changes in the windows theme? For instance, as previously discussed, I use High Contrast Black, but the program doesn't respond (version six, I believe I have).  Some people had responded to me, and suggested that the new version would do so, but I didn't see anything about it in the update topics (from what I've been able to gather).

Thanks (in advance) for the time taken to respond in this matter.

ManyQs

Re: Couple questions on updating to version seven
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
ThirdSpace, one thing to set your mind at rest is that you are still getting the virus database updates.  The popup you see for upgrading takes the place of the popup that states your virus database has been updated.

I'll let one of the gurus answer your other questions.

ThirdSpace

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »
Thanks for telling me that, ManyQs (probably the most appropriate name for this forum), I had started to wonder and then actually considered that perhaps, this was the case.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
Best wat to update is download the exe file and install over the top which will give you the choice to untick the google chrome install on the first screen and you'll also be able to choose a custom install which will allow you to install or remove certain features, all the install files are here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=95170.0
There wasn't really that much visual change in version 6 to 7 and you cant change the colours of the UI ( no skins ) as for how it responds with theme changes iv no idea ???