Author Topic: SSL/TLS - appears intermittently in upper right corner of screen.  (Read 2751 times)

Banff

After all these years I finally fell prey to having my Mac invaded by this intruder. I ran an AVAST scan and it displayed the culprit and so I deleted it. However, soon after it re-appeared. What I now want to know is there an AVAST program that will eradicate these intrusions for once and for all ? Thanks everyone. 

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
Re: SSL/TLS - appears intermittently in upper right corner of screen.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:26:58 AM »
Banff: this is Avast! forum for windows only, please repost ur questions in Avast! forum for Mac here (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0)

i shall answer the general question though, there is no antivirus programmes which will completely protect u from all kinds of intrusions/malware attack on both windows and Mac platforms. eg, norton, Avast, kaspersky...so on.

just have an antivirus programme, firewall and use the web safely  ;)

Banff

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I kept at it and finally came across a posting that explained how to amend the settings in your mail program preferences. I experienced a problem at first in being unable to come up with the 'Advanced' setting for the Incoming Mail Server because clicking on the '+' sign did not seem to work, but I eventually managed to insert it and since then there has been no repeat of the intermittent annoyance. Chalk another one up for AVAST.

Banff

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
I had to make a point of submitting this for all concerned. Immediately on pressing the 'Post' button to send the previous comment above re: apparent resolving the matter of the SSLs/TLSs, not one but five altogether, one after another collectively of the SSL connection notice appeared on my iMac's screen. So evidently the proposed changes that I had implemented do NOT work. The immediate reaction to sending the posting was truly alarming, for this is getting quite serious as I am beginning to get the notion that my privacy is being violated and I am seriously considering informing the police. I'd be more than happy to receive comments from the AVAST community on whether they have had similar experiences and what they did to put a stop to it.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
please post in the Mac forum for Avast! only. yesterday was the weekends, so u can expect them to reply today/tomorrow.

please be patient.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »
please post in the Mac forum for Avast!

+1
And in case you need the link: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Banff

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:16 PM »
Thank you both, you're very kind. Don't know why I keep ending up in a PC forum. I'll now check before I post.