Author Topic: Help pls, my avast isn't working.  (Read 3193 times)

fAmous

Help pls, my avast isn't working.
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »
Hey !

I have been used avast and now it failed and it says that there is no protection avaible and there is little x on avast. When I press fix now button, nothing happens. And I can't uninstall the program. If I delete the avast folder then my computer just fails and starts to go to bluescreen. Then I need to rollback, then avast is still there -.- So what I need to do? :E

And here is the windows and service pack what Im using:

Windows 7 64-bit
Service pack 2 vista

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Help pls, my avast isn't working.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
Try a repair and reboot first via Add  Remove Programs and if that doesn't work for you then download the removal tool and run in safe mode, read and follow instuctions here http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

8ballron

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:11:25 AM »
Let me know if you figure this out because mine is doing the same things it wont let me do anything it says. Avast is not responding.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:12 AM »
Let me know if you figure this out because mine is doing the same things it wont let me do anything it says. Avast is not responding.
Then you also should try what i have suggested.

8ballron

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »
No matter what I do it just keeps saying avast is not responding page error. But I'm still trying to figure it out.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
No matter what I do it just keeps saying avast is not responding page error. But I'm still trying to figure it out.
So you have uninstalled avast then run the removal tool in safe mode?

Please also post system spec's and any info about other security installed, and what AV was used on the sysem prior to avast and how you removed it ( did you run a removal tool to delet leftovers )