Author Topic: sandbox question  (Read 2626 times)

mikeman10

sandbox question
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »
When avast 7 was first released I tried the autosandbox test it would bring a blue box up with gears showing it analyzing telling you weather its safe or not. I just updated to the latest version and ran the same test again when i ran it in the sandbox the blue box does not show up. So my question is did they remove this or is this a bug?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:53:01 AM by mikeman10 »

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: sandbox question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
There's a red border around autosandboxme.exe application. What's your OS version? If you use 64-bit Windows or XP, you need to reboot your computer to activate autosandboxing.

mikeman10

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 04:32:25 AM »
Auto sandbox works because it ask what I want to do when I run the test. The red frame does go around the sandbox test but it used to tell you if it found enough evidence to tell you if it were bad or not and have a blue box with gears. And I am running win7 pro x64

mikeman10

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:52:22 AM »
here is an image to show you what im talking about

mikeman10

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
anybody?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand you perfectly... when you executed autosandboxme.exe tool, red border should be shown around virtualized application and right blue popup (with gears) should be displayed. Now the process is analyzed and in ~15sec you should got results (sometimes faster, it depends on process' activity). Then the 2nd blue popup should be displayed with the results and steps to do next time when the same process is executed again. Does it mean the 2nd popup wasn't displayed at all? I also noticed you don't use the latest avast7 version (the popup in the screenshot doesn't contain "reason" line, which tells you why this app was autosandboxed).

mikeman10

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
That screen was from my laptop that was running the older version but my desktop was updated. Both my laptop and desktop are both running the latest version now and neither of them show the blue box with the gears analyzing nor does it tell me the verdict if it was safe or not.
This is what happens when I run the autosandboxme test

1.Orange Security recommendation box appears asks me what action to take
2.I open in sandbox
3.autosandboxme runs with a red border

I no longer get either blue boxes after upgrading my computers to the latest version

mikeman10

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »
i think i just figured it out if sandbox is set to ask the blue boxes do not appear. But they appear when you set sandbox to auto.............is this normal?