Author Topic: Flashplayer stuff  (Read 7481 times)

AKatRT

Re: Flashplayer stuff
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »
I did just install IE 9 in place of IE 8. No change. I have a sense something is blocking flash player from running.  But I can't find what it may be.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »
Do you have the active x protection turned on in spyware blaster? if so turn it off, also is adobe enabled in your IE add on's

Name                   Shockwave Flash Object
Publisher              Adobe Systems Incorporated
Status                 Enabled
File date              ‎Wednesday, ‎7 ‎March ‎2012, ‏‎10:40 PM
Version                11.1.102.63

AKatRT

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
Was indeed turned on in Spyware blaster. Have turned off.  Adobe add-ons enabled in IE.
Still no luck.
Any chance you know a site that uses flash player for its videos? Just want to check if perhaps somehow something with this site I use was blocked, rather than the player being the problem. Thanks.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »
The stat's in the avast UI uses flash and you can test on any youtube video.

If spyware blaster was blocking active x then you should reboot the system after disabling the active x blocking, that should reset it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:03:05 PM by craigb »

AKatRT

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »
Ok, well that cleared things up. Thanks. Flashplayer worked just fine. The web site in question is ESPN. What may I have done that prevents the player working on that site......any idea please?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »
No idea why ESPN doesn't work for you, have you blocked parts of ESPN ( Flash ) with some program.

AKatRT

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
 Perhaps, but no idea how to even do that. With regard spyware blaster and the active x protection, if I turn that off the entire IE protection falls away I notice. But I always had IE protection and never had this problem. Can I afford not to have that IE protection? But I also worry that one of the SWB active x items blocks the player on ESPN. So could re-boot with all that turned off but worry about being vulnerable to attack in the re-boot. Don't know what else could be causing ESPN flashplayer not to work. What do you think? Thanks.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
Personally i dont think spyware blaster is neccesary in vista or win7, you've got avast watching your back and if you want stronger protection then add the pro license to Malwarebytes.
Another good program to have is WinPatrol, the free version still monitors your system, just not in real time - it''s delayed several min's and it monitors everything, including active x.

You can disable defender if you like! it's not really doing anything for you other than sucking up resources  ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:30:23 PM by craigb »