Author Topic: Avast 7.0.1426 has real problems  (Read 24832 times)

gdiloren

Re: Avast 7.0.1426 has real problems
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 04:40:59 AM »
From what I gathered from the past 6 months, if you don't use a brand new Win 7 (or else) installation, or if you previously installed then uninstalled other well known security anti-malware softwares, you will 98% certainly have great problems with AVAST 7, even 6! I mean, I don't have these problems with AVIRA and it runs smoothly, fine and well and I tested on my pc without formatting 4-5 AVs... Come on, stop being blind and do something...!!!

jjb2012

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 04:53:16 AM »
Now that you mention it - the one computer I have where it works fine is a brand new Win 7 PC! Aha!

gdiloren

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »
Only hope AILWIL gets it!!! It is too much sophisticated and unusable unless your format your drive!!! ??? Guess what?? My pc comes pre-installed with Norton so how I'm gonna do???

Gargamel360

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 05:20:59 AM »
if you don't use a brand new Win 7 (or else) installation, or if you previously installed then uninstalled other well known security anti-malware softwares, you will 98% certainly have great problems with AVAST 7, even 6!
Lies

Problems, sure....mainly with the update process...and security program "leftovers" creating problems, thats par for the course.

98%....my @$$  ::)

gdiloren

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 05:45:52 AM »
Your opinion. I respect it. Just surf other av software forum, never had so much problems with every damn version!! No joke

Jack 1000

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 06:42:26 AM »
The only problem that I had when I first got the update for Version 7 back in late February was the start up splash screen didn't go away. And this is on an XP system that is like 7 years old and runs very well.  It could also be that I reformatted and reinstalled Windows last year, so there's not a whole lot on it.

After I used the Avast Uninstall Utility and reinstalled version 7, no problems at all, and this was the original version 7!  I got the blue update pop-up notice last week about a new program version, and just updated through the GUI and it's fine.

People with problems may have other security software on their machine conflicting, or you might have to go to your previous Anti-Virus companies website.  Not only remove the previous AV from Control Panel, but also get the program uninstaller for your previous AV program.  But that can be hard if you have bought a used computer and you have no idea of knowing what was on it before.  And it is a PITA to have to spend 6 hours reinstalling Windows when something messes up and your computer is not recoverable!

As much as I love Avast, I could see disgruntled users going to something like Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE.)  The updates are only once a day and the protection isn't as deep-rooted as Avast, but it just runs in the background, no license keys to concern with, and it might be easier for newbies to install and remove.

In fact, I recommend Avast for Intermediate to Experienced users who know about security and computer protection.  But for people who aren't into security at all, I tell them to go with MSE.  But those are the only two programs that I like.  I think all the other competitors are too bloated, and their detection rate is too weak,

Avast still has the most features and most frequent updates for the FREE PRICE!  And this forum is simply amazing!  1000 gold stars for Avast dumping Iyogi!!!!   Thank you!!!!  I would like to see Avast dealing with their support ticket services better, but the greatness of this forum balances out that negativity.

Jack

gdiloren

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »
FREE PRICE!!! That's all about!!! In my case, I didn't have to reinstall Windows to use AVIRA 12 FREE PRICE and it just runs well as a German do!!! No offence, it works and its detection is better and I have not seen a FP to this date. I don't need extra feature! I need the software to protect me 100% EVERYDAY 24 hours!!! Avast just failed that and that is what many fans reported these passed months! :-X

Gargamel360

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:21 AM »
Your opinion.
Well...it is good that you respect others opinions.

But when someone states some outright made-up-in-your-head-on-the-fly numbers like;
f you don't use a brand new Win 7 (or else) installation, or if you previously installed then uninstalled other well known security anti-malware softwares, you will 98% certainly have great problems with AVAST 7, even 6!
...at that point, it is not a matter of opinion.   

You want to hold Avast!'s feet to the fire for their mistakes, fine, that helps make a better product, I'm all for that.   Spreading non-factual numbers around......that is just spreading FUD.

AdrianH

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
From what I gathered from the past 6 months, if you don't use a brand new Win 7 (or else) installation, or if you previously installed then uninstalled other well known security anti-malware softwares, you will 98% certainly have great problems with AVAST 7, even 6! I mean, I don't have these problems with AVIRA and it runs smoothly, fine and well and I tested on my pc without formatting 4-5 AVs... Come on, stop being blind and do something...!!!

Complete and utter BS. 

sezor

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »
Update

The problem remains, though less acute. 
On xp at startup (with just an editor & internet access running), the processor went to 100% but came down to normal ( < 5%) after a minute or two. 
On 2k, similarly, the processor went to 100% and stayed there several minutes - till I turned protection off for 10 minutes, when it came down to normal after a minute or two.  At the end of the 10 minutes, it remained normal.   
Judging by yesterday, it will now run all day without problem. 

sezor

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
Re above, I spoke too sson. 
Just after writing it, the 2k machine locked up solid - cursor was ok but everything stopped working. 
I'm unistalling 7. going back to 6

Asyn.B

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
Just after writing it, the 2k machine locked up solid - cursor was ok but everything stopped working. 

Here's the topic for W2K: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94069.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 10:10:41 AM »
@ Asyn B.

Did you upgrade your machine to the items listed in the link you provided?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
@ Asyn B.

Did you upgrade your machine to the items listed in the link you provided?

SafeSurf, that's my testaccount and I just wanted to guide the user to the W2K thread. ;)
But thanks for trying to help. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Oh, sorry about that.  I thought it was strange seeing another Asyn on the forum.  8)