Author Topic: Avast 7.0.1426 has real problems  (Read 24986 times)

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
Re: Avast 7.0.1426 has real problems
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »
i agree that in the short run, it should be set to ask if it is convicting too many legitimate files, but in the long run, auto is still better due to the possible problems for ask mode as stated previously.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »
Yes, for the majority of users that would be the best default option, but before a default option is selected the accuracy of its decision making has to be much, much higher. That in the early builds of avast7 wasn't proven by the number of complaints about it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

BDisp

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2012, 12:47:17 AM »
Even if we add the files in excluded from automatic sandboxing, sometimes that files take to much time to open, because the behavior's monitoring is still scan that files. That's very boring.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »
For the record,  avast! 7.0.1426 is the most perfect release I have ever seen.

If you are having problems with, it I suggest you check your system.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

BDisp

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2012, 01:29:26 AM »
How I check my system? If I only stop the behaviors' monitoring, applications open normally, instead of freezing. The applications I'm refering are in the network. It's not the firewall, I already had configured.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:34:16 AM by BDisp »

joelc

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2012, 02:27:53 AM »
May I suggest two things that have helped me figure out what my CPU and Memory is doing when apps are running:

If you can try  what is called a "clean boot" to see for sure what services are bogging down your system

http://www.ehow.com/how_5331553_clean-boot-windows.html

It requires you to select and deselect start up programs and services so you can eventually identify the
culprit however even when you do that you will need to know what the app does before disabling completely.
There are probably a bunch of articles on clean boots and its uses including in microsoft forums.

The second is another useful tool that was given to me by a pc support forum that you might consider as well
unfortunately, my suggestions will require some time taken for you to decipher results unless you really really want to pay a techie to
do it for you.

What surprised me is my findings on the amount of mem some microsoft apps take up when a system starts up.......
like it is unlimited or something.....thanks microsoft........

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

These things may help confirm if it is the AVAST stuff or something you may not have seen before like 28 versions of svchost.exe running
up the cpu.  I went to Avast recently because MSE and Windows Defender was doing a number on my CPU load.  I find AVAST to be
leaner and slimmer than others so I am going to stick with it a while.  At this point seems to be a useful program to me.

I do not have multiple spyware apps nor antivirus apps running either only AVAST at this time

Windows 7, 64 bit , Home Premium, SP1.
Toshiba Satellite A505
4GB Ram
i3 Core Processor

BDisp

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »
I appreciate your help. Fortunately I'm no novice in these wanderings and I assure that there is no problem with the OS. I've been analyzing the behavior of the shield of the anti-virus and I found that it takes a long time to examine the files associated with opening of an executable from the network. Setting up the exclusion of the verification of this executable in AutoSandboxing's  settings the executable file is scanned only on the first time in this shield. The issue is that it is always scanned in the behavior monitoring, taking too long time to examine the files. If I disable this check, the program opens quickly. With BitDefender this problem did not happen. I think it must be some setting I have to do but I do not know which one. I have already did  all the configuration that I know with others anti-virus and with the Avast I have not discovered yet, or it is any problem with Avast because I have read many complaints about the same subject.