Author Topic: HELP please!  (Read 1954 times)

streim

HELP please!
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »
Yesterday evening as I was working online, using Firefox and running through sandbox, for no apparent reason I my PC went black n rebooted.  :'( Then I got the "blue screen" message.   :-\  So I rebooted in safe mode and ran a full scan.  Found nothing.  Did a Malwarebytes scan--nothing.  Tried system restore in safe mode---it had been turned off.... There's more, but if someone can tell me how can I be protected with AIS 7, running through sandbox, have scripting protection through Firefox, +++ get an infection??  Any of you wonderful people, with more technical knowledge than I help me out here.  :o

Gargamel360

Re: HELP please!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:27:43 PM »
A blue screen is not a sign of infection.  Well, it can be.  But most often it is a faulty driver that causes a fatal conflict.  Since you were browsing sandboxed at the time, it could have something to do with the Avast! sandbox.

Are you still having any problems? Is that the only time it happened?

streim

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
 :)Thanks for the reply.  I've resolved the issue--but since the iYogi problems I will be coming here every time I think I need help.  I'm not totally illiterate when it comes to computers--but you folks on here are at the top for me.  Have a great day! :D  Oh, and yes it only happened that one time. :o

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »
You could conclude with how you resolved it, that might help others in the future (if they use the search function).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security