Author Topic: Internet security 3 sheilds disabled! Cant update or uninstall!  (Read 2203 times)

Offline 93fordgt

Called support # which was Iyogi. They fled through my comp showing me things that were not an issue.  I watched the sales pitch.  Did a scan on my comp, after they installed "PC Doctor" and tried to sell me a plan to repair my 8% for 195$.  I scored a 92%! Think their was one frown out of 10 smiley faces LO!.  My comp runs fast, if my iolo system mechanic did its daily scan before they ran their their program i am sure i would have gotten a 100%.  Anyways i disconnected real quick when they tried to sell me something!
  I was very disappointed with Avast.  Here i was thinking they were out for more money.  Then 3 days later i had seen that the CEO got rid of them Bastards.  WELL DONE!
 I have used Avast for many years and I cant figure out this issue.
Program will not update on automatic. The following components could not be started: P2P, IM, and Network shield.
Real time shields: !off
Firewall: on
Definitions auto updates: on
Virus definitions version: ! 6.0.1407
Exp Date: 2/20/2013 2:55:49 PM

Tried several things. Downloaded new Avast 7 from site. When i try to run i get>  Error reading product data occurs"OK">"Setup Self-extract"  An error 0(00000000) has occured. Last performed operation was spawning. 
Uninstalling is not an option either.  Did a complete thorough system scan at High sensitivity, whole files, (PUPs), Follow links during scan, All packers, remove archives, Generate report file.  After this was done i had 1 PUP found in my Dell tool bar.  It seems since i updated my desktop tool bar from dell was about the same time my Avast went down.
Maybe a day or 2, computer goes on and Avast didn't pop up, can be a little scary! Hope i can get this solved.  Would hate to have to use my back up drive.

If anyone can help me out with this, i would greatly appreciate it.
 This one's got me?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Internet security 3 sheilds disabled! Cant update or uninstall!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »
Please dont post in multiple locations, your other post has been removed.
Try running a repair via remove programs and then reboot when completed, if that doesn't fix it then i suggest a clean install of avast - read and follow the instuctions here for a clean install http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Offline 93fordgt

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »
Sorry about that double post.  Once i seen the General discussion; i figured the ?? belonged here.  Thanks for the link to remove and install Avast again!  Worked Great!  Sure like the new improvements with the Internet 7 ("WELL DONE! Avast Team!")  Thanks again for the help :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
Your welcome  :)