Author Topic: Updated to v7 but it says its not associated to any avast! account.  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Bowdon

Hi there,

Just updated to version 7 of free avast (7.0.1426) and all went ok

When I looked on current status it said "Not connected with any avast! account" with a connect button. When I went to the connect button it asked me for my email address and password. I couldnt remember my password so selected 'forgot password' and was asked to type in my email address.. so I typed it in and got the reply that avast doesnt know the email address.

It's odd though because in the Maintenance registerstation my registration is still going on. So what is the Connect button about?

Edit: I've tried all 3 of my email addresses on the system but all havent shown up on the database. So unless this account thing is referring to something I've not connected to before, or the database is down.. i'm not sure what its referring to.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:52:27 PM by Bowdon »

AdrianH

Re: Updated to v7 but it says its not associated to any avast! account.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »
There is a new account system at my.avast.com  where you register all your machines, it shows status and license details.

You register with an email address and password, these have nothing to do with any logins you used previously.

Note though at present the system is throwing an error so the servers are being worked on.

Offline Bowdon

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »
Okies.. thanks for the reply mate  :)

K.S.D.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
same here.

so we have to register in that my.avast.com
(make a new acount there) in order for "avast! free" to work ok ??

i noticed that my taskbar is on-top of all windows even though i have "autohide" ticked

is it avast (a "silent" - should i say - warning) that is keeping my taskbar on-top / visible ??

----------------------------------
edit: restarted system and the taskbar is now normaly back in "hiding"...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:52:55 AM by K.S.D. »

lilypad

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
I too am getting this message.  Will it only show that it is connected to an account if you are paying for it?  Seems strange the message reads:  Not connected to any avast account.  I press the connect button and it asked for email address and password.   It does not accept what I put in.  Even though I just set it up. 

Not connected but it still updates my account???  Seriously considering cancelling and going with another company.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
Avast account is for all users, both free and paid. it is not needed for protection provided by Avast, just for the convenience of u monitoring Avast programmes installed on different computers (in the future, different devices like Avast mobile security on ur mobile phone).

generally Avast encourages users to create an Avast account (or use an existing one) by making it convenient as a pop up when u 1st install Avast on ur system.

however, it is possible to use Avast without the account through registration by the website: http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:16:32 AM by AntiVirusASeT »