Author Topic: AshServ.exe  (Read 3985 times)

Quantum

AshServ.exe
« on: December 12, 2004, 02:54:54 PM »
Hi I have the exact problem as Notar The AshServ.exe closedown problem.

My computer is totally different though XP SP2 Home Edition, I have Zone Alarm firewall.

I only installed aVast yesterday. I thought that before I tried to reinstall I might post this up to see if you would like to check any files inorder to discover what is going on.

- Quantum

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:AshServ.exe
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 03:10:54 PM »
Then you should try what resolved his problem, repair avast!

Add Remove programs, avast! Anti-Virus, Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on line to do this.

This should do the same job regardless of your system. Let us know if it resolves your problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Quantum

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 03:34:05 PM »
No what Imeant was. Because I have the same problem BEFORE I REPAIR I wanted to know if the aVast staff wantedto see any files to fid the root of the prolem. As in the previous thread WHY the problem happened was not resolved.

- Quantum

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 04:23:48 PM »
My thoughts are (not Alwil's), if you are experiencing a problem, first ensure that you have the latest version (which you have). avast! differs from many programs by having a diagnostic repair function, so it can check for missing/corrupted files/install.

So if there are any errors/problems first ensure that things are up to date and functioning (repair), rather than chase an error/problem that may be resolved by an update/repair. Then if there is still a problem any report/log would be more relevant.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

techie101

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 09:01:51 PM »
Quantum,

Firstly, Zone Alarm should not affect ashserv.exe
ZA can prevent Avast from accessing the net, but will not shut down the exe.

Sometimes, "glitches" arise in a system without being present in another.  ONLY if the problem persists throughout the user community will it be necessary to take an indepth look at logs and such.

Right now, it is my feeling that the two of you suffered a user "glitch", nothing more.

and also.....If you are having the same problem as another user, then please post within the same thread.  It makes this easier to follow and takes up less room on the forum.

Glad you like Avast.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 09:03:17 PM by Techie101 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 02:59:55 AM »
Hi I have the exact problem as Notar The AshServ.exe closedown problem.

Which is this problem?
I can't find and discover  ???
The best things in life are free.

hpoehrli

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 11:38:59 AM »
Original thread was
"ashServ.exe - application error" by NOTAR  3.Dec.2004

This is obviously a quite common problem, judging from the long thread and the many readers indicated.

I have it too, seems to have popped up after the latest update. It does not appear every time at shutdown, just sometimes arbitrarely.

Have W2K SP4 all updates and fixes, Laptop Armada 1700 Pentium 2 300MHz, Avast pro