Author Topic: Why Does It Seem Like... 33 problems.  (Read 3015 times)

UserA789

Why Does It Seem Like... 33 problems.
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »
Lately, every thing about Avast; concerning my PC's, seems to lead to inconsistent activity.  From clicking on their llink inside the GUI to posting about real live security concerns to not being able to use a complex password in the GUI to connect to accounts to Avast not being identified by Windows, that 'strangeness' starts occuring with my systems.

As of late, I have one machine that when I click on the popup showing Avast has been updated to read about Avast stuff on the site, I end up with the window to the site AND a empty (not blank) webpage opened behind it.  Is their a former Avast employee that may be cuasing problems or has Avast simply been taken over by those that mean harm.  I dont get it and am starting to feel like I ordered my internet security from JTV.

Did Avast get to big to fast to remeber what they were doing?  Look at the iYogi problems, and I distinctly remeber sending emails to VLK about them LONG before it was a thread here on the site.  Did the criminal element just get to far ahead of the game for normal people to understand (I used to be part of that life  :-X and I can assure you that six years ago they were about where most of you are today).

I hope that Avast will take a good 'In House' look at what is occuring without the thought of they ARE the best AV scanner out.  Maybe take a look at this forum to see top level posters flaming and insulting new members without so much as a warning from the board moderators.  Either way, if this actions are still occuring within a months time; I wll simply give away my keys to Avast for a cup of coffee from the nearest street hustler, cause thats how I feel as of late with Avast... hustled.

By order of the 33rd.

Gargamel360

Re: Why Does It Seem Like... 33 problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »
Ummmmm.........really, I'm not trying to "flame" you....but what the heck are you trying to say?

I know there are language barriers, but you seem to think by this post and your signature that this forum and possibly Avast! as a company is being infiltrated by hackers or run by criminals?

As far as feeling "pushed around" by other members, have you used the "Report to Moderator" option that is present with each post?  That is what it is for.  Or are you assuming the Mods read each and every thread posted on the forum  (I doubt that they do).

Do I even want to know what "by order of the 33rd" means?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »
What's insulting about being told why it takes 20 posts before you can send PM.s ???
What's insulting about being told that this is the Avast Support Forum ???
Am I missing something ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

UserA789

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
I am not pointing any fingers... Bob, you've always given good stuff as far as I can see.  I am saying I am totally frustrated that I have paid for a product and the suppot lines seem 'damaged'.

I have tickets in the support center that the agents dont even get because they have combined them with issues that have nothing to do with the orginal matter.

I have tickets that give answers to questions Im not even purposing.

Here on the forum, I have answers that do not even touch what is being posted yet seem to be made only to cause anger and frustration... Im not the only one who feels this way either.  I have been talking (PM'ing) with someone who is amazed that I dont go off swearing and cussing over the answers some of the Ubervangelsts provide, when all we want is investigation and direct answers to the problem.  the worst thing you can tell someone looking for knowledge of the actions behind a matter is 'thats normal so dont worry about it.'  Nor does this answer take care of legitimate concerns.

I am pointing out the fact that some of us are not getting what we are asking for.  Some of us have paid for Avast for more than this new version, which makes us 'vested' into this product.  Sure we dont hold stock points but you can have the points you want, if no one wants to give money to be misdirected and talked down to; the company will not succeed.

Just as my signature say's... Ill buy the next best thing if it treats me with a bit more respect and calm understanding that I didnt write the scripts so Id like to get the problems Im incurring dealt with.

...as far as the end line is concerned, 'dont worry about it.'... its a Marine thing.

Also, Bob, if youve asked me to PM you about an issue and I didn I apologise but it would again be for something that something needs addressed with all  for it to be taken seriously.  Im not here to just fix 'my' Avast issues.  Thats all.  Personally, Id love to get some PM'ing between you an I as I think you have a wealth of knowledge and not just for Avast.  I think you could be one who helps me in areas Im conccerned about concerning gaming and child safety, but thats for MP'ing if you feel up to it.  Maybe you could even help me learn the terminolgoy one needs instead of my redneck use of words when approaching some of these issues with their departments.  Even I know that if someone doesnt know the right wordage alot of todays tech blow you off.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »
I have been talking (PM'ing) with someone who is amazed that I dont go off swearing and cussing over the answers some of the Ubervangelsts provide, when all we want is investigation and direct answers to the problem.
Every, just every, Uberevangelist is opened to correct himself, turn back if he/she gave a wrong advice by mistake.
Every single Uberevangelist is doing his/her best.
I wish you were specific: who, when, how... links. Then we can correct ourselves and post better.
The best things in life are free.

UserA789

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
I have been talking (PM'ing) with someone who is amazed that I dont go off swearing and cussing over the answers some of the Ubervangelsts provide, when all we want is investigation and direct answers to the problem.
Every, just every, Uberevangelist is opened to correct himself, turn back if he/she gave a wrong advice by mistake.
Every single Uberevangelist is doing his/her best.
I wish you were specific: who, when, how... links. Then we can correct ourselves and post better.
Well, a check through some of my posts would reveal without all that, but Ill PM you the worst subject Iv encountered behind that.  I realise what you are saying, thats why Im here to ask why it seems this way versus just ranting and shouting about it(which Im sure some see this as only that).  As far as the support ticket system, Id have to screen capture and Id rather not publicly embaress any techs trying to do their job but maybe shouldnt be invoved in the English support system (please dont takt that wrong).  I beleive the problem on the support ticket system is just that, like when I have to call India to get help with MS.  Usually leaves me more frustrated than what Im calling about.  I know these folks are trying to their up most ability but it doesnt change that even if I was trained in their language that I would be able to agther complete comprehension of the matter.

I speak some french and a small bit of Gailik; but that doesnt mean I can keep up with a native and provide them worthwhile support on anything.  I alos realise that American English uses more 'incorrect' accentuation/placement than any other language as well so Im part to blame in this scenario.