Author Topic: Avast Internet Security Causes Sleep Failure  (Read 1516 times)

stukindaguy

Avast Internet Security Causes Sleep Failure
« on: March 26, 2012, 06:42:14 AM »
I downloaded the trial for avast! Internet Security to make sure it worked and did not slow down my PC as many other security software has before. It seemed like it was running flawlessly except for this one problem. My laptop will only sleep ONCE after being powered on. If I wake the laptop and attempt sleep again, the screen will go dark, with no apparent HDD activity, but stay fully on, I need to hold the power button or pull the battery. My CPU also seems to be getting a workout because the fan spins to full speed and it's very hot if I let it stay in that state.

I find it really weird that it will always sleep successfully once after it's on. This is reproducible at all times.

I'm really disappointed because if it wasn't for that issue,  :( AIS would be pretty much perfect for my purposes. As soon as I clicked the button to bring me back to the free AV and rebooted the problem disappeared, so the issue is with Internet Security specifically and not the entire avast! range.

stukindaguy

Re: Avast Internet Security Causes Sleep Failure
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
*Hopeful Bump*

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
What OS?
Do you happen to use Cisco VPN?

stukindaguy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
I do not use Cisco VPN, and my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Service Pack 1. :)

Thanks for the reply!