Author Topic: Avast blockig internet access  (Read 8549 times)

cornutt

Avast blockig internet access
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »
Hello,
I just installed Avast for Mac free. After install I was unable to access any websites. I read in another thread avast will block non legitimate sites. However It is blocking any site I try to go to. I know I'm not the only person to encounter this issue. On the cnet.com website where I downloaded avast from on the reviews there other people were running in to the same situation.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Avast blockig internet access
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »
Are you usign any kind of firewall software such as little snitch?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

cornutt

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »
No I am not using any kind of firewall software. However I am on my work network right now and not at home. Could that be a reason. I use my mac mostly at school and work as that's where I spend most of my time. I have't had any issues going to websites prior to installing avast no matter what kind of network I was on. Thanks again for responding to my post. I have used avast for years on pc so I know it's a good product and would love to get this fixed so I can have it on my mac t.

cornutt

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
I had downloaded this from cnet.com. I unistalled it and then downloaded it from the avast website and it seems to be working fine now. However I am at home now and not at school or work so I won't know if the problems will continue until tomorrow but I will update this post for sure to see it downloading from avast site fixed it all or not.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
I had downloaded this from cnet.com. I unistalled it and then downloaded it from the avast website and it seems to be working fine now. However I am at home now and not at school or work so I won't know if the problems will continue until tomorrow but I will update this post for sure to see it downloading from avast site fixed it all or not.

Keep us informed
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

cornutt

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »
So after downloading avast from this website I had the same problem right after install. I restarted my computer and I haven't had any problems since then. It's been working great with no issues. Only thing is that I have my work email on my mac mail and the ssl isn't in the the avast system so I get an ssl connection message every few minutes. But other than that it's running smooth

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 01:31:15 AM »
So after downloading avast from this website I had the same problem right after install. I restarted my computer and I haven't had any problems since then. It's been working great with no issues. Only thing is that I have my work email on my mac mail and the ssl isn't in the the avast system so I get an ssl connection message every few minutes. But other than that it's running smooth

Check the stick thread:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=89943.0

There are lots of workarounds for the SSL error in that thread

deyani

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
The same thing happened to me, but restart didn't help me. :( Well i paid for http://www.avast.com/en-eu/internet-security and because my internet wasn't working fine I had to uninstall it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 09:11:28 AM »
The same thing happened to me, but restart didn't help me. :( Well i paid for http://www.avast.com/en-eu/internet-security and because my internet wasn't working fine I had to uninstall it.

deyani, this is the Mac section of the forum..!! ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

deyani

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »
ohh yea... ups! ;) I just clicked "Show unread posts since last visit." and didn't really take an eye on that. :)