Author Topic: Exclusions don't work....  (Read 1711 times)

jax_uk

Exclusions don't work....
« on: April 03, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
Hi All,

I started using avast because my paid for Macfee didn't allow me to exclude locations to be scanned in real time - and now I can not get the exclusions to work in avast please help!

So from realtime scanning I want a directory, all child directories and all files to be excluded from scanning.

So I go to:
  • real time shields
  • file system shield
  • expert settings
  • exclusions
  • Add a path e.g. "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\*.*" and check all boxes R|W|X

But when looking at the scan logs these files are still being scanned.

Any ideas? At the moment this is a real power drain for my laptop scanning things when I'm developing and compiling code.

Thanks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Exclusions don't work....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
How are you checking the scan logs?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Exclusions don't work....
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
Not sure if this exclusion "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\*.*" would do what you want. That would only exclude files in the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ folder not any sub-folder below that (lots in my case, see image). This would exclude the Framework folder, files and sub-folders "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\*"

That said why would you want to do this as it could be introducing a hole in your security.

As Igor asks, I suspect that you are checking on-demand scan logs and the file system shield, exclusions don't cover on-demand scans (avastUI, Settings, Exclusions).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security