Author Topic: Mountain Lion operating system  (Read 3853 times)

Barry Sykes

Mountain Lion operating system
« on: January 19, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »
I have upgraded to mountain lion and it says that Avast free anti virus for Mac is incompatible with it and is not working.

The software was up to date prior to conversion.

Any ideas how to fix?

mustang64

Re: Mountain Lion operating system
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:50 AM »
Hi Barry,
It sounds like you have a "BAD" download.
  Try opening up Avast from the Icon on the top right.
 Then go to Avast on the top left and click on uninstall and go for it...
  Reboot the computer then try another download of Avast..
 I will tell you it works just Great on my iMac with the latest updates.
~Verne~

Barry Sykes

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »
Thanks Verne - the problem is it has been put in the incompatible software folder and is inaccessible. It was first installed 2 weeks ago when I had Snow Leopard but didn't survive the upgrade to Mountain Lion. Do you think it would work if I move the Avast files in the incompatible folder direct to trash and then try another download of the software?

doom_laur

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:51:22 PM »
I just registered to help, because I had this problem before with Minecraft.

It seems that unless you set Mountain Lion to accept all the applications, it won't recognise certain applications and it will report them as damaged. The only way I found to fix this is to go (sorry if the translation is not the same, i don't have my mac in english): Apple logo -> Preferences -> Security and privacy -> click unlock icon in order to be able to change the settings -> set "Allow applications downloaded from" to "Everywhere".

Hope this helps :)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
Hi Barry,

Please redownload the latest build from here: http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-mac and try installing again. The current release is compatible but its possible that the versin you had in snow leopard was now (program updates are not automatic, only VPS updates)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay