Author Topic: Information for my Bachelor essay  (Read 1932 times)

Paprick

Information for my Bachelor essay
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »
Hi!

I would like to ask someone competent (someone, who knows how does this forum work or/and is one of the counselor/moderator helping to others) to help me with my Bachelor essay. One of the parts of my BA essay is comparison of discussion forums providing help to users whose computer is infected by malware. I have a list of questions and I will really appreciate if someone give me about 15 minutes answering these questions. It will really help me! Here are the questions:

General:
- When was the forum established, who did it and why? (the reason/motivation)

Forum section "Viruses and worms":
- How long does this section work?

Counselor/moderator:
- Counselors/moderators are employees of the company? If yes, on what position do they work in the company? If no, where are the people from?
- Counselors/moderators are helping to users on the forum because of their free will or because it is part of their job?
- Counselors/moderators are helping just with the products of your company or do they also help to users if they have inficated their computer by some malware and they do not know, what to do and how to cope with that?
- Are the counselors/moderators helping on other forums, such as techsupportforum, for example? (I suggest that this is their free time activity) If yes, on which one?

Solving malware problems: (this section follow the third question in the previous topic)
- Do you use/have some metodology (or universal procedure) that the counselors/moderators use when they are solving user´s issues with malware? (I know that general procedure for solving malware problems does not exist, but still, you may have some general procedure which counselors/moderators use and adapt according to user´s issue specification)
- Which software tools do you (counselors/moderators) use, when solving user´s issue with malware infication? Why these? Do you use other software tools then just company´s one? Counselors/moderators are using all the same software tools or they are choosing individually software tols which they favor?

Education:
- I suggest, that the counselors/moderators are enough educated for this work. Do you have any kind of system to keep their knowledge of malware and its removal up-to-date?
- When someone want to become a counselor/moderator, what does he/she have to do? What are the conditions to become one of the counselor/moderator? Do you have some program of educating new counselors/moderators? If yes, can you describe it for me? (in sufficient details, if possible)

Cooperation:
- Does your forum (company) cooperate with other forums offering help with solving malware issues? (espacially with forums, such as techsupportforum, geekstwogo, etc., I don´t mean forums of other companies producing antivirus) If yes, can you tell me name of them (or better give me a internet link)?
- How does this cooperation look like? What are the advantages for both sides?

Statistics:
- Do you have some detail statistics of this forum section? If yes, will you give me them?

Finally if there is something interesting about your forum (especially about this section), feel free to tell me about it. I will really appreciate it and it will really help me a lot. If you know some web page or do you have some information (graphs, statistics, news, articles) which are connected to solving problems with malware infication in user´s computers, I will be glad if you give me this information/tables/graphs/links/etc.

One more time, thank you for your time and for your help!   

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: Information for my Bachelor essay
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »
Hi Paprick,

For the statistics question, you can have a look here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=stats ;)

So, are you doing an essay on the avast! forums? If so, why did you choose our forums?

Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Paprick

Re: Information for my Bachelor essay
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
Hi !Donovan,

thanks for the link, but it says, that I am not allowed to view the page  :( Is it possible that you send me the statistics by mail, for example?

I am doing an essay comparing different forums offering help to users with malware issues. It means, that I would like to compare forums on sites of antivirus producers (like Avast! is), then let´s say unofficial forums, such as techsupportforum, bleepingcomputers, geekstwogo, etc., and finally forums in my native language, which is Czech, so example of this forum is forum.viry.cz

That´s why I need answers on these questions. Will you help me, please? I will appreciate also a breif answers, just need some information to be able to do the comparison  ;)