Author Topic: zip archive is corrupted  (Read 4987 times)

simonr

zip archive is corrupted
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:08:38 PM »
I have recently installed advast 4.5, on scanning found several viruses which were succsessfully moved to chest. On finishing scan several files could not be scanned most of which i reconise. Two of which were windows sytem files; C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSrev 23.dll\noname.xml and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSrev 43.dll\noname.xml. RESULT for both: unable to scan ZIP archive is corrupted. Do i need to worry about these files?

Thanks simon.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:zip archive is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 12:21:45 AM »
If they are archives, they are by their nature inert, until opened/run, so there is a less immediate problem and if they are truly corrupt, less still.

It would be wise however, to check the offending/suspect file/s at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner www.virusscan.jotti.dhs.org if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a corrupt archive or false positive.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 12:24:07 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

monksfield

Re: zip archive is corrupted
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 01:04:59 PM »
I'm new and experiencing the identical problem.  Is it safe just to delete all such files?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: zip archive is corrupted
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 01:43:05 PM »
I'm new and experiencing the identical problem.  Is it safe just to delete all such files?
No, talking shortly, no.
You should give us full name and path of that files.
No all files that can't be scanned are dangerous. In fact, I think only few of them will be, in fact, viruses.
Better is send the file (or add) to Chest and wait for further analysis.
You can also submit the file to on-line scanning. There are a lot of references here in forum where you can get the best on-line scanners.
The best things in life are free.