Author Topic: Having fun with the (in)famous Alureon-K (ARGH!!)  (Read 14734 times)

jeffce

Re: Having fun with the (in)famous Alureon-K (ARGH!!)
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 01:35:23 PM »
Hi,

Glad that things are running well.  Anytime your firewall or antivirus blocks something and you do not recognize it be sure to block it.  You can always go back and allow it later if you find that it is ok.  :)

Orkkongen

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
I'm having a small problem, maybe related to all of those changes on my computer...
The computer tells me, that it would like to update Windows, and I let every time I close the computer... Then I tried updating manually, and tells me, it has tried to install an update to Windows Defender but did not succeed, so I let it again, but it does still not succeed...

I was not even aware of having Windows Defender (don't know what it is)... So what to do about this update coming all the time?

jeffce

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
Ok let's take a look...

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
    Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Security Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please attach the log to your reply.
----------

Orkkongen

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »
Here is the log...

jeffce

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »
Download Windows Repair (all in one)  from this site

Install and then run the program.

On the Start Repairs tab, select Advanced Mode and click Start

Select the items Checked in the screen shot below (remove the checks from the rest ) and check Restart System When Finished.

----------

Once that has been completed let me know if you are able to update Windows Defender. 

Orkkongen

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
I can't get the installer to run. I've tried as admin og normally, but nothing happens when I run the install file (the one I've downloaded).

jeffce

Orkkongen

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »
Nope... It really doesn't want to run... :(

jeffce

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 02:28:27 AM »
Hi,

Let's try and fix your Windows Update.  Go to the page here >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918355 and use the Fix-It button.  Once you are complete see if you can get the updates complete.  :)

Orkkongen

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
It did find a problem, and tried to fix it, but it's doesn't work still... This is the error-code: 8007007E (but no help, when searching for this... :( )...

jeffce

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
Hi,

We have been having some problems with the forum so I will return as quick as I can with your next set of instructions.  :)

jeffce

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
Hi,

Let's do this...

Do you have your Windows 7 CD or can you borrow one from a friend?  If so, get it out as we may need this during the following steps:
  • Click on Start, type cmd in the Start Search bar.
  • Right click on Command Prompt at the top of the window and select Run as Administrator.
  • In the Command Prompt Window, type (or copy and paste) sfc /scannow and press Enter.
The scan may take some time, so be patient. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that it finds. If information from the installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert your Windows 7 CD.

After you run System File Checker, try to run Windows Update.

Let me know how that works.  :)

Orkkongen

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
Nope... It said 100% okay... but update gives the same "Kode 800700E" (unknown error) (Kode is the danish form of Code ;) ).

jeffce

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 11:46:35 PM »
Hi,

Try running the Fix It button found here >>  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941  Let me know if that fixes your problem.  :)

Orkkongen

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 02:32:44 PM »
Nope... :(