Other > Viruses and worms

[SOLVED] VIRUS/Rootkit => URL Blocked http://rk400.com/?sov=rook-s1ysoft.com

<< < (4/16) > >>

thekochs:

--- Quote from: jeffce on April 06, 2012, 07:51:07 PM ---I see that you have Malwarebytes already on your computer.  Please open Malwarebytes, update it and then run a Quick Scan.  Save the log that is created for your next reply.

--- End quote ---

Jeff, thx.

I have MBAM installed but not enabled as realtime so it won't conflict with Avast which is always on.
I'll run a Quick Scan and post but you saw above in thread a ran a FULL scan in MBAM prior ?...nothing found.

Also, how were the new OTL scan logs after your script you had me run with FIX ?
As FYI, I no longer have this popping up but to be honest this happened a little while back.....was gone for day or so then back again.

Lastly, did you see my aswMBR log above ?....it had this item.....problem ?
12:50:18.812    Disk 0 MBR [possible unknown bootkit@MBR]  **ROOTKIT**
I am taking the family on Easter weekend to relatives so may be Monday before I can run the ESET Online scanner.

jeffce:
Hi,

Have a great time with your family over Easter.  It is no problem to leave this open.  :)
---------

I like to have Malwarebytes run again towards the end in case we shook anything else loose. 
---------

The OTL logs were looking pretty good.  With Malwarebytes and ESET we are checking for anything left lurking. 
--------

The entry that you saw in the aswMBR log is directly related to the RollBack RX on your system.  The program itself uses some technology that is seen as a rootkit but it is not actually.  :)

Pondus:

--- Quote ---I have MBAM installed but not enabled as realtime so it won't conflict with Avast which is always on.
--- End quote ---
it usually dont.......never happend to me

if it does....this is how to avoid it - section K

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=54147ebdfdd762abba4d26e1e564e442&showtopic=10138&view=findpost&p=417798

thekochs:

--- Quote from: thekochs on April 06, 2012, 10:18:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: jeffce on April 06, 2012, 07:51:07 PM ---I see that you have Malwarebytes already on your computer.  Please open Malwarebytes, update it and then run a Quick Scan.  Save the log that is created for your next reply.

--- End quote ---

Jeff, thx.

I have MBAM installed but not enabled as realtime so it won't conflict with Avast which is always on.
I'll run a Quick Scan and post but you saw above in thread a ran a FULL scan in MBAM prior ?...nothing found.

Also, how were the new OTL scan logs after your script you had me run with FIX ?
As FYI, I no longer have this popping up but to be honest this happened a little while back.....was gone for day or so then back again.

Lastly, did you see my aswMBR log above ?....it had this item.....problem ?
12:50:18.812    Disk 0 MBR [possible unknown bootkit@MBR]  **ROOTKIT**
I am taking the family on Easter weekend to relatives so may be Monday before I can run the ESET Online scanner.

--- End quote ---

Here is the MBAM Quick Scan.....nothing found.
I'm calling it quits and will run the ESET Online Scanner Monday......have a great weekend !!!

jeffce:

--- Quote ---I'm calling it quits and will run the ESET Online Scanner Monday......have a great weekend !!!
--- End quote ---
You have a great weekend too.  If I happen to overlook the log on Monday please send me a PM.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version