Author Topic: ashQuick parameters  (Read 7181 times)

elmonty

ashQuick parameters
« on: August 25, 2003, 05:24:52 PM »
Are there any command-line parameters for ashQuick?  How does it determine what files to scan and whether to scan archives?

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
Re:ashQuick parameters
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 05:37:28 PM »
ashQuick scans areas specified on command line, each one separated by semicolon.

To modify scan parameters of ashQuick you can use enhanced user interface (which is available in Professional Edition).

Another way how to modify ashQuick parameters is to change values of DefTask.xml There are several threads with more info on this forum. Tell me exactly what you need to do and I'll try to find solution for you...

elmonty

Re:ashQuick parameters
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 05:49:27 PM »
I'm trying to schedule ashQuick to scan my entire drive weekly, but I want to exclude some file types.  I'm using the Home edition.

Offline Lars-Erik

• Avast Evangelist
    • Lars-Erik Østerud
Re: ashQuick parameters
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:45:08 PM »
I try to setup ashQuick inside WinZip to scan files in archive, but when I click that button in WinZip ashQuick just flashes quick and closes again. Just like if I start it without a command line. Why? I have specified "%d" as parameter (or WinZip did :-)
www.osterud.name - ICQ: 7297605 - AIM/Yahoo/Facebook/Skype/Astra: LarsErikOsterud

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:04:32 AM »
I try to setup ashQuick inside WinZip to scan files in archive, but when I click that button in WinZip ashQuick just flashes quick and closes again. Just like if I start it without a command line. Why? I have specified "%d" as parameter (or WinZip did :-)
It used to work... strange... Which avast version are you using?
Did you use the quotes or just %d as parameter?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 01:05:56 AM »
Are there any command-line parameters for ashQuick?  How does it determine what files to scan and whether to scan archives?
ashQuick.exe is the most thorough of all the scanners, it scans everything archives included.

I'm trying to schedule ashQuick to scan my entire drive weekly, but I want to exclude some file types.  I'm using the Home edition.

The exclusion in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and possibly those in the Program Settings, Exclusions should work work for ashQuick.exe

Check this work around out - HOWTO: Scheduled Automatic Scans avast! Home Version!

@ Lars-Erik
This topic isn't the same as what you are talking about and would best remain in its own topic or the similar topic you have also posted in.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:43:56 AM »

Check avast! settings, in particular the "Show results of Explorer Extension" option on the first page. It should be checked, otherwise clean files are not reported.