Author Topic: >> UPDATES <<  (Read 5750550 times)

BanziBaby

Re: >> UPDATES <<
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 05:25:16 PM »
I have to remove my version 1.00 to install the new,ight?

Yes, but when it asked you if you want to remove the folder 'c:\Program files\Mozilla Firefox' say no then install firefox 1.0.1, that way you can keep all your extensions/bookmarks etc.

--lee

I might be wrong, but it doesnt keep that info on the program files\mozilla firefox folder, all extention & bookmarks are kept in the C:\Documents and Settings\"Username"\Application Data\Mozilla folder, thats is where Ur profile is kept.

It's always better to uninstall previous versions deleting the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder when it asks U & then reinstall & it will pick up Ur profile no probs (with bookmarks & extentions)

BaNzI ;D

lee16

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 05:30:20 PM »

I might be wrong, but it doesnt keep that info on the program files\mozilla firefox folder, all extention & bookmarks are kept in the C:\Documents and Settings\"Username"\Application Data\Mozilla folder, thats is where Ur profile is kept.

It's always better to uninstall previous versions deleting the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox folder when it asks U & then reinstall & it will pick up Ur profile no probs (with bookmarks & extentions)

Well it went fine, but ill keep that in mind for next time  ;)

--lee

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »
Deleting the contents of the program folder does have an effect, I'm just resolving that now SpellBound and its dictionaries were messed up. Although the extension was still installed (obviously in docs and settings\user\app data\mozilla, etc.) the library/dictionary file would appear to have been in one of the sub folders of the program.

I really wish they would get the update side of firefox sorted.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 01:21:39 AM »
I really wish they would get the update side of firefox sorted.

Amen to that one, David.  Until I finally said the heck with it and fetched the 4.0.1 manually, the "check for updates" in 4.0 insisted I was right up to date.

And I sure wish they'd get the documentation, such as it is, in line with what actually happens with the new installation.  According to the website info, all extensions you previously had are disabled until it can be confirmed they're compatible with the upgrade.  But the ShowImage one (the only one I've bothered getting, so far) seemed to stay activated straight through -- but says it can't be checked for updates.

For all the cussing we do about M$, can you imagine how fast Gates and company would disappear if you had to totally uninstall and reinstall Win, IE, etc. each time there was an upgrade to those?
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Spyros

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 01:49:49 PM »
- CCleaner version 1.17.094 released
Direct download: http://www.softvb.com/ccsetup117_IKE_dont_leech.zip

- Microsoft Antispyware: definitions file update Nr. 5693

[PS: Please DON'T post your questions and/or opinions about software in this thread. This is for update notifications only! Corrections & additions are always welcome of course  ;)]

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 02:52:39 PM »
For all the cussing we do about M$, can you imagine how fast Gates and company would disappear if you had to totally uninstall and reinstall Win, IE, etc. each time there was an upgrade to those?

The only saving grace is that the firefox 1.0.1 download is only 4.7MB, there are bigger patches for IE than that  ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spyros

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 10:23:54 AM »
a-squared program & signatures update:
1) Updater: Changed downloading method and improved proxy support.
2) Common signature update 02/28/2005: 142 signatures added.
--To complete the update process you have to restart your PC--

Spyros

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 06:04:06 PM »
a2 (a-squared) version 1.6 released! - Use the program's internal updater  :)

Spyros

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 10:44:53 AM »
a2 HiJackFree v.1.0.0.19 is available at: http://www.hijackfree.com/en/

lee16

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 02:25:43 PM »
a2 HiJackFree v.1.0.0.19 is available at: http://www.hijackfree.com/en/

Thanks, very useful.

--lee

Spyros

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2005, 10:23:35 AM »
SpywareBlaster definitions update:
- 35 new items
Total: 3.449 items in database.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2005, 03:35:51 PM »
Really appreciate this thread...........thanks   :)

Spyros

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 09:53:09 AM »
Lee & Suszannah thank you for your kind words  :)

a2 program update
In Andreas Haak's (creator of a2) words:
Hi,

we just completed the rollout of a² v1.6. We had to do it in stages to avoid an overload of our update servers. Everyone will ask what is new - well I will tell you:

1. Added some IDS components
In fact we added the behavorial detections for backdoors, worms, dialers and some other stuff. Feel free to test the IDS features. We are sure you will be impressed .

2. Made Riskware detection optional
Several users asked for it and your wishes are our duties . We added an option to disable the detection of Riskware completely

3. Added heuristic modules
Some heuristics were added for - mostly - trojans and dialers.

4. GUI changes
We changed the GUI a little bit to make it easier to understand.

5. Consistent language files
All language files of languages we support (spanish, german, english, frensh) were updated. If you want to update the language file of your language just look into the file English.lng. All changed and added strings are marked.

A new setup package will be available in about 2 - 10 hours (depending on how fast we get the missing translations). To update from versions before 1.6 to 1.6 simply run the updater and restart if neccessary. A complete reinstall of a² is NOT neccessary.

Andreas Haak
[a² Team] - Administrator

Source: http://forum.emsisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2721

BTW, my website had a cool update, check it out  ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:55:38 AM by Spyros »

Spyros

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 04:42:35 PM »
Another one for today...

Spybot Search & Destroy detection rules update (Use internal updater OR get it here -> http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 02:44:36 PM by Spyros »

rosso_acido

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 11:07:06 AM »
Thanks for a very useful thread. :)

BTW nice website too, with some interesting links. 8)

R.